Universal Organ Trail: Director's Cut - (by The Men Who Wear Many Hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sladeums, Aug 9, 2012.

1. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    #1 sladeums, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012

Organ Trail: Director's Cut

The Men Who Wear Many Hats LLC
    ----------- Latest update includes save file recovery!!! ----------- **Touch Arcade - 9/10 "Organ Trail: Director's …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ----------- Latest update includes save file recovery!!! ----------- **Touch Arcade - 9/10 "Organ Trail: Director's Cut is a weird, wonderful and almost surprisingly expansive experience that will both infuriate and enchant."** **148 Apps - 9/10 "Virtually every aspect of Organ Trail: Director’s Cut oozes style and cleverness."** **Jay Is Games - "Organ Trail: Director's Cut is a quirky, darkly humorous, and off-beat love letter to retro gaming."** **Game Trailers - "It’s definitely one of the more intense and cerebral zombie games out there"** ------------------------------------------------- Organ Trail is a retro zombie survival game. Travel westward in a station wagon with 4 of your friends, scavenging for supplies and fending off the undead. Members of your party might die of dysentery or you might have to put them down yourself when they get bit. Faithfully recreated it as if it were on the Apple 2, Organ Trail offers amazing 16 color art and retro beeps and boops. Packed full of zombie mechanics, themes and references; this is a must have for any zombie survival fans. Created by a small indie team in Chicago, The Men Who Wear Many Hats are very excited to launch with this game as their first commercial product, funded by our Kickstarter fans. -Name your party after your friends and watch them die slowly -Hours of gameplay -Get dysentery and 9 other diseases -Scavenge for supplies while you fight back the undead -Manage your food, ammo, fuel, medkits and more in your struggle to survive -Put down infected party members who might turn on you -Stop at towns to trade, take jobs and fix your car -Car upgrades -Fight off bandits -Zombie boss fights -Choice driven encounters on the road -A weather system and day night cycle -Huge soundtrack and delicious Apple 2 pixel art -28 Achievements -Survivor leaderboards -400 community written tombstones
    Information
    Seller:The Men Who Wear Many Hats LLC
    Genre:Adventure, Simulation
    Release:Aug 09, 2012
    Updated:Nov 01, 2015
    Version:2.0.4
    Size:234.9 MB
    User Rating: (17)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    Organ Trail: Director's Cut - (by The Men Who Wear Many Hats) Universal

Organ Trail: Director's Cut

The Men Who Wear Many Hats LLC
    ----------- Latest update includes save file recovery!!! ----------- **Touch Arcade - 9/10 "Organ Trail: Director's …
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ----------- Latest update includes save file recovery!!! ----------- **Touch Arcade - 9/10 "Organ Trail: Director's Cut is a weird, wonderful and almost surprisingly expansive experience that will both infuriate and enchant."** **148 Apps - 9/10 "Virtually every aspect of Organ Trail: Director’s Cut oozes style and cleverness."** **Jay Is Games - "Organ Trail: Director's Cut is a quirky, darkly humorous, and off-beat love letter to retro gaming."** **Game Trailers - "It’s definitely one of the more intense and cerebral zombie games out there"** ------------------------------------------------- Organ Trail is a retro zombie survival game. Travel westward in a station wagon with 4 of your friends, scavenging for supplies and fending off the undead. Members of your party might die of dysentery or you might have to put them down yourself when they get bit. Faithfully recreated it as if it were on the Apple 2, Organ Trail offers amazing 16 color art and retro beeps and boops. Packed full of zombie mechanics, themes and references; this is a must have for any zombie survival fans. Created by a small indie team in Chicago, The Men Who Wear Many Hats are very excited to launch with this game as their first commercial product, funded by our Kickstarter fans. -Name your party after your friends and watch them die slowly -Hours of gameplay -Get dysentery and 9 other diseases -Scavenge for supplies while you fight back the undead -Manage your food, ammo, fuel, medkits and more in your struggle to survive -Put down infected party members who might turn on you -Stop at towns to trade, take jobs and fix your car -Car upgrades -Fight off bandits -Zombie boss fights -Choice driven encounters on the road -A weather system and day night cycle -Huge soundtrack and delicious Apple 2 pixel art -28 Achievements -Survivor leaderboards -400 community written tombstones
    Information
    Seller:The Men Who Wear Many Hats LLC
    Genre:Adventure, Simulation
    Release:Aug 09, 2012
    Updated:Nov 01, 2015
    Version:2.0.4
    Size:234.9 MB
    User Rating: (17)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

3. Can't wait to watch my friends die slowly!

4. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Whoa nice, it's finally out.

5. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Why wasn't this in the Coming Tonight section? People need to know it's out.

Damn good zombie sim and excellent choice to fill your time with while waiting for The Walking Dead Episode 2 :D

6. banger1103

banger1103 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Did not expect this but awesome :D:D:D

7. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Never played it before but heard good things about it. Didn't know this was coming out though, will wait for iOS version impressions. :)

8. ducksFANjason

ducksFANjason Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    E-Discovery data technician
    Southern California
    Yay it's here! Thank god, with such a slow weak I'm hoping this is good. Anyone have any impressions?

9. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Sweet surprise! :eek:

10. mkaen

mkaen Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2011
    #10 mkaen, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    delete

11. thesmashingone

thesmashingone Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I got a copy recently and it's actually quite good, especially considering its origins as a flash game. It's pretty obvious that it seems like an Oregon Trail ripoff, but the devs incorporate their own ideas. There are also hunting as well as scavenging minigames, both of which work quite well. There are even awesomely scary boss fights (!). Music is also quite good.

However, it doesn't seem really optimized for older devices, such as the iPod Touch 4th gen. I've noticed some music stuttering from time to time. Otherwise, it's a really great and hilarious game. (You also ford zombies instead of rivers.)

12. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    The first patch we hope to push withing a week will address older device optimization.

Also, You ford a horde of zombies instead of a river. ;)

13. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Rivers of zombies!!!

14. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Holy smokes batman! *Bought

15. Astery

Astery Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Game Impressions

I am a great fan of the Flash version and have been waiting for this ios version for over a month, instant bought!

Played it for an hour or so so far. the management of resources/ trading is no doubt a lot more complex than the flash version, making the game harder but more interesting, even in easy mode. The new mini games are pretty cool, making ammo a more desirable resource now. Overall I'm pleased and recommend it to anyone who enjoys a survival centric zombie world game (ie. not mindless shooting zombie games), or the the original "oregon trail" game with zombies (since it's inspired by that game and many basic principles stays the same).

Just a rant tho, why resting does not recover the player character's health at all? That doesn't even remotely make sense and I just felt it's this way to make med kits to be more useful, I hope this will be changed. :(

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    First time playing I got to Pittsburgh and left the app. Came back to the game, expecting to still be in Pittsburgh, where I had not yet had a chance to do anything, but found myself back in the wagon driving on from Pittsburgh. If that's not a bug, it's frustrating design. The interface also seems a bit laggy. I press buttons and they take a moment or two to register my touch. Otherwise this game seems pretty darn awesome so far.

17. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    The game is awesome and the devs behind it are really cool guys. They totally deserve high sales ! Spread the word! :p

18. johannaffendy

johannaffendy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Malaysia
    Don't let the graphics fool you. Organ Trail is actually a deep game where every choice matters. I can say this is a survival horror as well, pretty tense stuff!

19. Boco

Boco Member

May 8, 2012
    That's a bug that is already fixed in the first patch incoming. Sorry for that.

20. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    #20 aceyprime, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
    This is easily one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a while. Nostalgia certainly plays a part as I really enjoy Oregon Trail, but they've taken some of the core elements and made it into something new. I've got 2 games going now (iPhone & iPad) and have encountered a variety of situations along the way which keep things fresh. The pull-to-shoot feature works really well - lots of fun tension scavenging for food while fending off zombies.

One amusing situation so far: I decided to buy a Ninja Muffler (automatic success when sneaking through zombie hordes) in a town for $43 (leaving $1 to my name!) and of course just a minute later I find a Nev-R-Break Muffler after going through a maze and finding an abandoned car. I have to choose which to keep and decide on the Nev-R-Break Muffler. Hope I don't regret that when I encounter the next horde!