Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #71  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:35 PM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
If Offline multiplayer is pretty easy to implement, why not add them both? It never hurts to have multiple options. Also, if you don't mind my asking, why is Bluetooth a no-go?
I hope to add them both, just got to work in the time to finish Forever Lost sometime too :-)

We use the Corona SDK which sadly doesn't support Bluetooth yet.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:44 PM
PointOfLight PointOfLight is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
I hope to add them both, just got to work in the time to finish Forever Lost sometime too :-)

We use the Corona SDK which sadly doesn't support Bluetooth yet.
That's a simple enough answer I'm a bit surprised that Corona doesn't support Bluetooth at this time, given how useful it is and the fact that Corona is pretty popular. I am impressed with the quality of games that people are turning out with that SDK, despite some of its limitations.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:46 PM
barryweiser barryweiser is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 197
Default

I'm hopelessly addicted to the "knockout" mode in this game; however, I cannot get past level 4. I've tried too many times to count...anyone had any luck with this? Any strategies?

As far as the multiplayer...can't wait. I have my wife pretty addicted as well. It's time to take this battle between the two of us online (and across the world).
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 PM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroapan View Post
Hi

Im really liking the game on ipad, it feels kind of when you started go get the hang of quickly reading the notes on guitar hero. On iphone it is way to small and most of the errors is due to the small format.

Can you tell us something more about the scoring? How does it work? How big is the payoff for doubles, triples and so on? Are the combos, ie scoring two quadruples back to back scores you more?

It would be interesting to have an after-game summary with stats, for example how many tiles removed total, how many doubles, triples, quadruples etc. You could also include a separate stat page beside the regular highscore, where you can find your "highscore" of the above, most doubles in one game (Quick game), most tiled removed in one game and so on. The implementation of achievements could also encourage coming back to the game.

Regarding multiplayer, async would be best, like rumble/ruzzle. Both via GC and PnP. Aftergame-stats as described above after each game, and maybe an optional full replay of your opponents game.

On ipad maybe splitscreen multiplayer is possible?

Thanks for a nice game!

Pedroapan
Very happy to hear you are liking it! Yea the iPhone certainly makes it quite a bit more challenging :-)

The scoring is actually quite simple:

You get 10 points for a single tile.

If you select a single group of tiles each tile will earn you 10 points multiplied by the amount of tiles in that group, so for a group of three tiles you will earn:

10 * 3 + 10 * 3 + 10 * 3

Then if you do two groups you will earn all the individual groups scores multiplied by the amount of groups. For instance if you had the same group of 3 as above plus a single tile on its own you will earn the 90 points for the group plus the 10 for the single tile and then multiply that by 2 for both of the groups for a total of 200.

We were thinking of adding in things like combos and multipliers however decided to keep the main game nice and simple. We are then going to create an Arcade mode that has all these sorts of things in it to keep the leaderboards separate.

A stat screen would be great! I love stats, so yea I would love to add that. Will add it to the roadmap :-)

I've never played Ruzzle, how does the multiplayer work in that?

As for split screen multiplayer on one iPad, I think that might end up with the same issues of the iPhone screen being too small. I did actually try something like that with my personal game Fuze seen here - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fuze/id467770783?ls=1&mt=8

You are very welcome! Thank you for playing it :-) Even though you are now one place ahead of me on iPad Quick Play ( by a whole 4000 points as well! )
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:57 PM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointOfLight View Post
That's a simple enough answer I'm a bit surprised that Corona doesn't support Bluetooth at this time, given how useful it is and the fact that Corona is pretty popular. I am impressed with the quality of games that people are turning out with that SDK, despite some of its limitations.
Corona is fantastic, limitations can be annoying but at the same time, I love challenges and finding ways around things ( and finding out new gameplay ideas purely because of a limitation ). However sadly the lack of Bluetooth support is a challenge that would be impossible to work around.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 08-13-2012, 03:07 PM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryweiser View Post
I'm hopelessly addicted to the "knockout" mode in this game; however, I cannot get past level 4. I've tried too many times to count...anyone had any luck with this? Any strategies?

As far as the multiplayer...can't wait. I have my wife pretty addicted as well. It's time to take this battle between the two of us online (and across the world).
I'm probably not the best person to ask about strategies for Knockout mode, the one strategy I have is from Simon ( the other half of Glitch Games ), by the time he has cleared one set of tiles he already knows the next set he's going to go for. This allows him to play with some serious speed.

I'm pretty excited for multiplayer too :-) Let's just hope those devs can get their act together and make it happen. Oh wait...
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 08-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Pedroapan Pedroapan is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchGames View Post
Very happy to hear you are liking it! Yea the iPhone certainly makes it quite a bit more challenging :-)

The scoring is actually quite simple:

You get 10 points for a single tile.

If you select a single group of tiles each tile will earn you 10 points multiplied by the amount of tiles in that group, so for a group of three tiles you will earn:

10 * 3 + 10 * 3 + 10 * 3

Then if you do two groups you will earn all the individual groups scores multiplied by the amount of groups. For instance if you had the same group of 3 as above plus a single tile on its own you will earn the 90 points for the group plus the 10 for the single tile and then multiply that by 2 for both of the groups for a total of 200.

We were thinking of adding in things like combos and multipliers however decided to keep the main game nice and simple. We are then going to create an Arcade mode that has all these sorts of things in it to keep the leaderboards separate.

A stat screen would be great! I love stats, so yea I would love to add that. Will add it to the roadmap :-)

I've never played Ruzzle, how does the multiplayer work in that?

As for split screen multiplayer on one iPad, I think that might end up with the same issues of the iPhone screen being too small. I did actually try something like that with my personal game Fuze seen here - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fuze/id467770783?ls=1&mt=8

You are very welcome! Thank you for playing it :-) Even though you are now one place ahead of me on iPad Quick Play ( by a whole 4000 points as well! )
Well, rumble/ruzzle is a word game with async mp. You play in three round, and are not able to play the next round until the other player plays their round. The three round each goes on for two minutes, both with more and more multipliers for each round. In Blox you could do the three rounds with different timelimit instead, first round 30 sec, next 60, and the last 120 sec. After each round you get to see and compare the results. In this case, total point, and maybe the other stats for fun. A complete replay of your opponents run could be optional, and fun to see if you got your behind whipped good. You get to leave a chat message between rounds as well. Taunting is always fun!

After each game your ELO-ranking changes dependent on the result. The ELO is used for matchmaking if you choose to play against a random opponent. Of course you should also be able to compete against friends via gc or some other system supported.

Have to go and try to raise my score now...

Pedroapan
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:10 AM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroapan View Post
Well, rumble/ruzzle is a word game with async mp. You play in three round, and are not able to play the next round until the other player plays their round. The three round each goes on for two minutes, both with more and more multipliers for each round. In Blox you could do the three rounds with different timelimit instead, first round 30 sec, next 60, and the last 120 sec. After each round you get to see and compare the results. In this case, total point, and maybe the other stats for fun. A complete replay of your opponents run could be optional, and fun to see if you got your behind whipped good. You get to leave a chat message between rounds as well. Taunting is always fun!

After each game your ELO-ranking changes dependent on the result. The ELO is used for matchmaking if you choose to play against a random opponent. Of course you should also be able to compete against friends via gc or some other system supported.

Have to go and try to raise my score now...

Pedroapan
That sounds like a good way of doing it yea. I'm looking into how it can work technically now. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 08-18-2012, 05:20 AM
GlitchGames GlitchGames is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Oxford, UK
Posts: 547
Default

Version 1.0.1 is now avaialble in the store with the three fixes as listed before which were:

Game Center leaderboards for iPhone are now working.

Tutorial is mandatory on first play through.

Last used name is remembered for the next time you get a new high score.


With the new version we now have some more promo codes, so I will now update the first post with 30 more codes. If you missed getting one the first time or you know someone else that would like one please use them
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08-18-2012, 07:41 AM
ONE ONE is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 48
Default

I used XRNWTPTY3PP7. Thanks.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent