★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dangerous HD

08-09-2012, 01:22 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 188
Dangerous HD

Dangerous like you've never seen it before:



Release date: Thursday, August 16!

Helle - 3D fluid physics blocky puzzler - App Store - Google Play
Dangerous HD - Epic 3D space combat RPG - iTunes - Website - Trailer - Soundtrack
08-10-2012, 06:00 AM
#2
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 387
Holy crow!

Bravo!

Been lookin for a reason to give this game a shot, and you just did it. Graphics are a fantastic improvement! I love space exploring games!

08-10-2012, 06:38 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookmonster View Post
Holy crow!

Bravo!

Been lookin for a reason to give this game a shot, and you just did it. Graphics are a fantastic improvement! I love space exploring games!
Glad you like the improvements! The video doesn't show the UI (turned them off to show off the graphics), but we have some screenshots on whoisdangerous.com which does. We added a new "fire all" button which streamlines combat quite a bit. And the inclusion of the radial menu for autopilots helps declutter the screen.

Helle - 3D fluid physics blocky puzzler - App Store - Google Play
Dangerous HD - Epic 3D space combat RPG - iTunes - Website - Trailer - Soundtrack
08-10-2012, 07:04 AM
#4
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Madrid [Spain]
Posts: 209
Woah, looks awesome!
Can't wait to put my hands on it D:

Quote:
Currently: Playing
08-12-2012, 05:46 PM
#5
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 114
How's the framerate on the HD version? The trailer looked a little choppy in places, but it might have just been the capture...

Does it run smoothly on the new iPad?
08-12-2012, 10:04 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssylex View Post
How's the framerate on the HD version? The trailer looked a little choppy in places, but it might have just been the capture...

Does it run smoothly on the new iPad?
The new iPad is running at its best resolution and at times, it will have reduced framerates especially during close-ups of explosions. In a subsequent update we're going to add in the ability to run at lower resolutions if you care more about performance.

Also, we have a bunch of options that you can tweak to suit your taste (high/low polygon stations, space dust amount, exhaust effects, celestial quality & animation, explosion effects, shader/lights, turning off missile camera and cinematic views). I would say that the iPad2 and iPhone 4S are the best performers due to their polygon pushing ability and a lower resolution than the new iPad.

Helle - 3D fluid physics blocky puzzler - App Store - Google Play
Dangerous HD - Epic 3D space combat RPG - iTunes - Website - Trailer - Soundtrack
08-13-2012, 04:29 AM
#7
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Singapore
Posts: 330
wow 3 years in the making, how large was the development team?
08-13-2012, 06:00 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 10,656
Want to give this another go. Bought the original but i must admit i felt lost after the tutorial with all the buttons to attack, hope this one is simpler.

Think i was after an 'Elite' game rather than 'Eve - online' style game.

I can appreciate how much depth this game has just i dont know, prefer it to be 'simpler' !

Graphics look stunning
08-13-2012, 06:58 AM
#9
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 360
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.
08-13-2012, 10:33 AM
#10
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpect3rd View Post
wow 3 years in the making, how large was the development team?
There are two of us at Binary Helix (Linh and Andrew) and we relied on outside help with composer wunderkind Sean Beeson and artist extraordinaire Kip Ayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Want to give this another go. Bought the original but i must admit i felt lost after the tutorial with all the buttons to attack, hope this one is simpler.

Think i was after an 'Elite' game rather than 'Eve - online' style game.

I can appreciate how much depth this game has just i dont know, prefer it to be 'simpler' !

Graphics look stunning
We did simplify it somewhat by adding a new "fire all" button, a radial menu to pick your autopilot and wingman control, and warping and docking are simplified (pick your destination and the autopilot does the rest). Give it another go and let us know if you have ideas on making it even simpler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by popjam5 View Post
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.

Helle - 3D fluid physics blocky puzzler - App Store - Google Play
Dangerous HD - Epic 3D space combat RPG - iTunes - Website - Trailer - Soundtrack