Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 07:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm glad people are looking forward to KC2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Sounds good! Hopefully an "encyclopedia" of discovered items is added this time for those looking to complete the owning all equipment achievement.
Yes this is planned. It'll probably be a text list with check marks beside each item you got. This will prevent spoiling all the item images.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:17 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

That's great to see more detail about the release! As one of the "story proponents" I'm glad to see that it's getting some attention.

Great use of color in the preview character portraits; give that artist a pat on the back!

Is a bestiary going to make it into the release?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:30 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

i love games that mashes up genres and not screw either up. Looking forward to this
Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puce Moose View Post
Is a bestiary going to make it into the release?
I know it was a much requested feature in KC1 so it's on the list, but not a release priority. If it's not in the release it'll probably be in one of the first updates.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:14 PM
iPad 2

Very much looking forward to this! Please keep the updates coming, as long as they don't push back the release date.

All hail the king, baby!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Here is the concept art of the Melee Fighter. She uses melee weapons for her critical hits. There are 5 sub-classes of melee weapons: Gauntlets, Blades, Whips & Chains, Hammers and Clubs.

Here's how party members will work in King Cashing 2:
Soon after the game starts, you'll be able to pick up a party member from the pool of six. You'll then have that party member alone for a little while until you reach a certain point where you'll be able to pick up another one, and so on. This allows to choose a party member depending on your taste but also depending on your loot. If you got many good guns and still don't have the gun fighter (Brad), it'll be wise to pick him up to maximize the damage you can do during combat.

Also new in the game is the individual party member leveling. With each level you'll get 1 skill point that you can put in any party member you have unlocked. You'll also be able to put that skill point in cherries like in King Cashing 1. The choice is still yours. This time you can also keep your points and distribute them later on in the game.

So that's it for this update. Work is still ongoing on the equipment screen. (The iPad 3rd gen's resolution is giving us headaches right now) As soon as this is done, work will start on the actual "slot machine" and screenshots will soon follow! Thanks everyone for your support!

Last edited by multimage; 08-24-2012 at 08:02 AM..
Old 08-24-2012, 08:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Here is the concept art for the Alchemist. This character introduces a different way to play during battles. The alchemist uses potions as a weapon. Potions do low damage but they add buffs and debuffs. For instance, one potion slows down the reels for easier aiming. Another one does poison damage each turn. The number of turns the potion lasts depends on the potion's quality and other factors. For instance, doing a critical with the alchemist makes the potion last longer than if the potion was used alone. The potions are still being tested so they might get tweaked a little but they'll add a brand new experience to the game!

The equipment screen is finally done, minus the final graphics and some tweaks. I was really disappointed when I tested the second iteration of this screen early this week. I realized that it was not going to work because it was lagging too much and because it was tedious to browse through a large inventory. So I had to start this screen over again for a THIRD time... But this was for the best! The experience is now much more fun and I can finally move on to other parts of the game.

That's it for this update! I need to code now!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:38 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Here is the concept art for the tamer. The tamer uses animals as her main weapon. Animals are similar to other weapons like melee weapons and guns but they bring variety in the battles since they are visually different and have much more unique sounds.

As for the progress on the game, I'm finally working on the "machine" screen and it's been an awesome week. Most of the stuff is working fine and I'm now finishing with the attack animations and effects of attack. Next week will be spent making sure the machine works flawlessly and I'll probably have time to start the level up screen and the chest screen. Testing will probably start the week after that. Balancing will be ongoing until the end of the game from that point on.

That's it for this update! I'll try to post again next week!

Old 09-05-2012, 05:36 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Great looking game so far!! Can't wait for KC2! Any estimated release date or did I miss that somewhere in one of these updates? Thanks!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:56 PM

Hellloooooo...how did I miss this thread?

Closed Thread