★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Cash Machine 2

08-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Cash Machine 2

My favorite Alchemy Match 3 game is back bigger than ever and optimized for all of the latest devices (I found their webpage description better than the AppStore's description).

That’s it, CashMachine 2 is now available on the Appstore
This new version have been completly reworked from scratch, including all new graphics in full Retina display for iPhone 4/4S and the New iPad (iPad 3)
It’s now an universal app, running in fullscreen on all iPad devices.

New features includes :

a new grid, taller, allowing one more row of items
more different items, 14 against 12 in the previous version. A real challenge !
4 different game modes

- Classic mode is… “classic”, it’s really like the old good version
- Flash mode, you start with row of items already present on the board
- Magnetic, it starts like Flash, but also the items columns are automatically put on the left in case of blank spaces. Just try and you will understand
- Chrono mode is like Flash mode but with a time limit…

GameCenter is now in charge of the leaderboard. We think it’s easier than OpenFeint

For the release, a really small price 0.99$

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
08-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Any IAP?

08-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Any IAP?
Nope. Just buy and forget. Access to all 4 modes right off the bat.

My one gripe is there is NO documentation on the different modes in game nor much of one in the app's description. The description of the modes on the original post is probably the best you'll get (what made Flash and Magnetic modes unique from Classic was not instantly apparent to me when I first played last night).

I also like how the conversion hierarchy is right there to the right of the screen letting you know both which pieces are unlocked so far and what items turn into what.

My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 08-09-2012 at 08:48 PM.
08-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Nope. Just buy and forget. Access to all 4 modes right off the bat.

My one gripe is there is NO documentation on the different modes in game nor much of one in the app's description. The description of the modes on the original post is probably the best you'll get (what made Flash and Magnetic modes unique from Classic was not instantly apparent to me when I first played last night).

I also like how the conversion hierarchy is right there to the right of the screen letting you know both which pieces are unlocked so far and what items turn into what.
Thanks, sounds interesting.
08-09-2012, 08:58 PM
The column at right is a good touch.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
08-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Game Impressions

Unassuming little game, but quite addictive, and more cerebral than the average Match-3. Try the original for free (I did) if you aren't sure.

P.S. Any idea what the difference between "Fast" and "Slow" control options is? I can't perceive any.
08-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Unassuming little game, but quite addictive, and more cerebral than the average Match-3. Try the original for free (I did) if you aren't sure.

P.S. Any idea what the difference between "Fast" and "Slow" control options is? I can't perceive any.
The best I can guess is it effects the rotation speed of the piece, possibly other animations as well.

My iTunes Reviews