★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rimallo
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 20.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Welcome to the Space Wars HD - timekiller with crazy characters.

STORY

A gang of uncouth, rough, with complexes balloids terrorize space.

Special squad soldier Smarty believes that violence can not solve problems and decides to teach the terrorists manners with goodness and kindness...

But he does not suspect that the most important battle is...

GAMEPLAY

We created Space Wars HD to be unique by gameplay atmosphere. Each character is not a computer driven item with predefined level of strenth. They have own different tempers, behaviours and, we hope so, souls. You have to love all of them!

Try to beat all balloids and get known about the most important battle...

Do not consider Space Wars HD as a next simple air hockey touch game. Space Wars HD is not a hockey game. You have to crash the field of one of the 7 different mooded enemies otherwise you'll be crashed by them. The goal is to crash 'em all! and understand the riddle of level 8.

Features:
* Two different games for iPhone / iPod touch and iPad
* Arcade game mode to crash enemies step-by-step
* Single game mode to choose player, enemy and field
* 7 levels + riddle level 8 (have to crash all 7 enemies before)
* Unique enemies sounds, voices and, we hope so, souls

rimallo's comments:
Space Wars HD and Space Wars HD for iPad

Purchase and download iPad version (including iPad 3 retina support)

Space Wars HD and Space Wars HD for iPad - arcade games, timekillers with crazy charactres.

Do not consider Space Wars HD as a next simple air hockey touch game. Space Wars HD is not a hockey game. You have to crash the field of one of the 7 different mooded enemies otherwise you'll be crashed by them. The goal is to crash 'em all! and understand the riddle of level 8.

Features:
* Two different games for iPhone / iPod touch and iPad
* iPad 3 retina graphics looks just amazing
* Arcade game mode to crash enemies step-by-step
* Single game mode to choose player, enemy and field
* 7 levels + riddle level 8 (have to crash all 7 enemies before)
* Unique enemies sounds, voices and, we hope so, souls
* More interesting features (multiuser and network modes, Game Center etc.) in future releases

We encourage you to try two games: Space Wars HD (for iPhone and iPod touch) and Space Wars HD for iPad (iPad 3 Retina Display graphics included). Those games are different not only in screen resolution and graphics details but in game physics too. iPad version have more complex settings for bigger screen so you have to try both if you like one of them.

Official website http://rimallo.com/

Teaser/Trailer
08-10-2012, 12:43 PM
This game has 100% more pink gumdrop hitlers than any game I've ever played.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

08-10-2012, 01:30 PM
That trailer is near the top of my "most useless trailers" list.
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
This game has 100% more pink gumdrop hitlers than any game I've ever played.
Actually, it has an infinite percent more pink gumdrop hitlers. Unless you have seen a game with half a pink gumdrop hitler. In that case, a game with a whole pink gumdrop hitler would indeed have 100% more pink gumdrop hitlers.

Not sure the gumdrop hitler was a smart choice for the developer. It certainly doesn't seem like its the kind of thing that is going to make the game more appealing.
08-10-2012, 04:25 PM

Dear Friends,

Of course, the theme of "Hitler" is very serious but don't try to identify the problem, where it is not.

So, in essence (in order not to return to such questions):

1) All characters (except the main hero) personify all vile that is in humans (defects, weakness, anger, etc.).
To simplify their perceptions were chosen bright recognizable images.

2) The character, from which this discussion began is bright recognizable collective image, also personifying certain negative qualities.

3) The game - not just air-hockey. Also it is illustration of the internal struggle of good and bad in a human that most clearly shown in the final level.

4) And finally: the whole game - it is a solid banter and fun. These are stories of the characters, sounds, how do they look etc.

Friends! Don't be so serious - lets have fun!

Last edited by rimallo; 08-10-2012 at 04:29 PM.
08-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimallo View Post
Friends! Don't be so serious - lets have fun!
Well, of course you are going to say that, you are the developer. But think about it from the consumer side.
  • Do I want to play a game against a Hitler avatar? Not really.
  • Am I likely to enjoy being reminded of Hitler while I relax with a game? No.
  • Would I ever consider getting a game for my kids that trivializes Hitler in this way? Unlikely.
  • And most importantly, am I still considering buying this game after seeing Hitler? Assuredly not.

My advice to you is to stop trying to defend this terrible design decision and release an update that doesn't include any recognizable mass murderers from recent history.
08-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Thanks for advice, we rescept all reasonable opinions.

There're so many games with violence, killing, rivers of blood, wounds etc.
But you can't find nothing from above in Space Wars HD.
No violence, no killing, no blood, no shoting, no screaming!
Just board arcade game evoking only funny positive emotions (proven on testing with various sensable auditory).
No more no less.

Using the odious character is justified. It makes the game funnier, more banter.

We all laugh on different things. If someone's sense of humor is different from ours, that's fine. All people are different, there can not be always the same opinions.

It is important that our game has no violence, murder, blood, etc. - it is laughing, banter, fun.

Last edited by rimallo; 08-10-2012 at 06:42 PM.
08-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimallo View Post
We all laugh on different things. If someone's sense of humor is different from ours, that's fine. All people are different, there can not be always the same opinions.
That's certainly true, but very few people find Hitler amusing.

In any case, its your game and you are free to do what you like. I was just trying to explain how your choices made me decide not to buy it.
08-10-2012, 06:59 PM
Stalin update in the works I hope?
08-11-2012, 09:26 AM
:)

Smoky promised that he will make great punishment "to that pink guy".