★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: They know I am here. I feel their gazes through the cold wet darkness. They agitate and curse in their language of terror and disgrace.

Dungeon Defiler is an addictive dungeon crawler in which you'll explore labyrinthine dungeons and fight terrifying creatures to complete mysterious adventures that will test you in every corner.

Each game is unique, explore dungeons that nobody else will visit.
High variety of hostile creatures: Vampires, zombies, skeletons, ghosts and much more!
Live epic stories looking for ancient scrolls, forgotten treasures and sacred books protected by kings who have returned from the dead.
Upgrade your weapons and armor.
Face terrifying bosses hidden in each dungeon.
Fast and addictive combat system.
Find hidden treasures and choose your own path.
Amazing illustrations and sound effects that will transport you to a cold wet catacomb.

Visit Dungeon Defiler website for presskit and gorgeous wallpapers:
http://www.dungeondefiler.com

Follow Dungeon Defiler on Facebook, stay tuned for further updates:
http://www.facebook.com/DungeonDefiler

johannaffendy's comments:

Discovered this game called Dungeon Defiler by The Game Kitchen. Not bad, in my opinion. I see combined elements of Fighting Fantasy gamebooks and roguelike rolled in one. There's even permadeath included (but can be countered with in-app purchase).

Try it out!
08-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Looks interesting, too bad about IAP.

Just FYI, the current convoluted system here is that universal apps go in the iPhone games forum, and the iPad games forum is just for iPad-only games. What they really need is a single game releases forum for universal games, with subforums for iPhone-only and iPad-only games.

08-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Agreed, I too find the system confusing. They should just group all iOS games in one category and put a subtitle under each post either iPhone, iPad or Universal.

Back to the game, some additional comments from my side:
- no animations, creatures are presented in nicely drawn portraits (refer screenshot #1)
- gameplay is based purely on chance, move around the dungeon by tapping on the empty squares and draw random cards to fight opponents
- once you die, you need to start from the beginning but you can buy revive potions (IAP) to continue, which I think is optional
08-12-2012, 12:02 AM
08-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Thanks Sanuku, this game needs more love
08-13-2012, 04:48 AM
Hi all!

I'm part of the team that have developed the Dungeon Defiler on The Game Kitchen.

Your feedback is very valuable to us. We are going to do game updates to improve it.

You are also welcome to comment on Dungeon Defiler Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/DungeonDefiler

Thanks a lot for your comments!!
08-13-2012, 05:34 AM
I kinda dont like the game's combat system. THere's no skill involved, except for when you need to heal up. Everything is random. Pick a card, and that's your effect. Effect go from damaging your enemy with either magic, a strong attack or a regular attack. You can pick red background cards which deal damage to you instead. Then there are miss cards, and shield cards.

There isnt much to do here but tap on unknown area to uncover, then occasioanlly fight battles that you dont have control over.

Really disappointed in how this plays out. The visuals are really good though.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-13-2012, 07:22 AM
Would have been nice if you could construct your own deck and then when combat arrives your cards are mixed with your opponent's cards. Maybe you'd start with drawing five cards for your own hands.

Add in persistent affects like buffs, debuffs, etc. All while still keeping the random face down elements. This way players can customize and strategize as well.
08-13-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddaye View Post
Would have been nice if you could construct your own deck and then when combat arrives your cards are mixed with your opponent's cards. Maybe you'd start with drawing five cards for your own hands.

Add in persistent affects like buffs, debuffs, etc. All while still keeping the random face down elements. This way players can customize and strategize as well.
Good suggestions. But as it is right now, you have totally no control over combat. Picking cards is like picking a random page in a book.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Hi!

What about the combat system on boards games like Heroquest or Spacehulk?, they are totally based on rolling dices, you haven't any control over the combat neither but they are fun anyway.