★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Holiday Games... For a Season or Year Around?

11-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Holiday Games... For a Season or Year Around?

Christmas Rock n Roll is available for free.

And on the top 10 list in the US we have Turkey Hunt

Thoughts on the Holiday games and is their any Holidays we need a game for?

Also should they be up for a limited time or stay on the store taking up space?
11-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Why not year round?

I don't have a problem with holiday themed or seasonal apps being available year round in the app store.

A lot of the ones I have tried so far are much better than a lot of the 'crapps' in the iTunes store that are not seasonal or holiday themed. And lets face it, there are an awful lot of those in the app store.

Some developers have put a lot of work into their special holiday apps. They act as a good showcase of their skills and the quality of their other apps. And of course, some people just like to spread the holiday cheer.
11-25-2008, 05:26 AM
It seems there isn't a lot of opinions to Holiday theme games?!!

All I got was one opinion and then the information of the new release of Rock n Roll made into a new thread... (which is a fun game)

I personally like the theme games but would like them more as a limited time only game and then next year when the holiday came back around we could see an update or something entirely new.

I know we all enjoyed our Zombie games during the Halloween Season... but of course a Zombie game is not just for Halloween.

Now if you give me a Christmas game in the middle of Summer... I'm going to be confused like when Horror movies get released on Christmas Day...