★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Rogue likes addiction.

08-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Rogue likes addiction.

I can't decide, should I buy rogue touch or sword of fargoal? Or even cavern? I love rogues on my desktop and I want some mobile ones.
08-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Sword of Fargoal AND Cardinal Quest. Excellent mobile roguelikes.

08-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Legend of Yore is another good one.

Here's a list of all iOS roguelikes:
Quote:
100 Rogues
Abyss Quest
Block Rogue [iPad]
Cardinal Quest
Cavern
The Dungeon
Dungeons ?
Endless Depths RPG
HacknSlash ?
iNethack (free)
Isle of 8-bit Treasue
Legends of Yore
Mazugs
Minotaur Maze
Mysterious Castle
Mysterious Land (pulled from App Store)
Nethack [iPad] (free)
Pitman
PixelSlime
PixelSlime 2
Powder (free)
Rogue (free)
Rogue Ninja
Rogue Touch
Slash'Em (free)
Slay the Dragon
Swipe Dungeon (free, ?)
Swipe Dungeon 2 (?)
Sword of Fargoal
Sword of Fargoal Legends
Trap Hunter - Lost Gear
Zaga-33
08-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Legend of Yore is another good one.

Here's a list of all iOS roguelikes:

+1, and then +10 more for Legends of Yore. One of my favorite games, regardess of platform.

I don't know what it is - something about the simplicity of the art work coupled with the simple yet addictive play mechanics just speak to me.

Sword of Fargoal is pretty awesome, too. The ambient noises that are used as sound effects draw me in.

Also, I got Endless Depths rpg free a little while back - don't know if it still is free or not - but I'm having fun
with it.

And finally - to list one more you didn't ask about - 100 Rogues is quite a find

Now if only Baroque would make it to iOS...

I can't speak for Rogue Touch, though I do understand it is good.

Last edited by Issac; 08-12-2012 at 02:00 AM.
08-12-2012, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issac View Post
And finally - to list one more you didn't ask about - 100 Rogues is quite a find

Now if only Baroque would make it to iOS...

I can't speak for Rogue Touch, though I do understand it is good.
100 Rogues is indeed pretty awesome.I got it for free and went on to purchase most of the character/monster IAPs. I have yet to try many of the games on that list...but are there any really complex and deep ones? I am not going to expect something like Ancient Domains of Mystery on the ios but something a little more complex than 100 rogues would be great.

eh.. I think there was some watered down version of Baroque released at the end of last year? It seems to have been removed from the appstore though!
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=118191

Last edited by violentv; 08-12-2012 at 02:33 AM.
08-12-2012, 07:18 AM
My personal picks and recommendations:

100 Rogues
Cardinal Quest
Sword of Fargoal
Ninja Quest

These arent roguelikes, but I get a roguelike-feel when i play them. You might want to give them a shot too.

Tower Of Fortune
Dungeon Raid
Legend Four

As for wishlists, Baroque sure would be awesome on the iOS. And also, I wish to have Zettai Hero Project (PSP) to be on the iOS. It's probably the best roguelike experience ive had, because of how action-oriented it feels like compared to most roguelikes. I also like to have Breath of Fire 5 on the iOS which is pretty much a roguelike game, although that's one of the reasons why Breath of Fire fans didnt like it, but i loved it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannaffendy View Post
Sword of Fargoal AND Cardinal Quest. Excellent mobile roguelikes.
Bought sword of fargoal, but can anyone vouch for cardinal quest?
08-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac257 View Post
Yes, it's good. Get 100 rogues too.
08-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac257 View Post
Just above your post, I recommended Fargoal, 100 Rogues and Cardinal Quest. You wont regret getting them.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-12-2012, 01:16 PM
I have Cardinal Quest and I love it. Is Sword of Fargoal as good and different enough to warrant a purchase. Yep, SoF is an-app-store-whopping $2.99, so I am a bit hesitant ;-)

Game Center: MarinasideSteve