★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The sword fighting game youve been waiting for. One-touch duel action Dark Blade!

On this action-packed journey, you are Master Shadow. Cut and slash your way through the dark spirits of the Abyss and retrieve the sword; the source of your power!

Slash, Jump Slash, Aerial Hack, Rear Stab, Wound Opener, Triple Stab, Dismember!
Use and mix up ALL your skills to beat the AI enemies as they come at you with formidable attacks!

Features
- 40+ crazy sword skills to knock down the enemies with!
- 60+ game missions.
- 80+ weapons and costumes to equip.
- Hidden missions to earn special titles!
- Classes determined by duel scores and rank.
- Easytooned but unique graphics.
- Simple game controls for touch interface.

Various Game Modes
-Story Mode: Play through 40 stages filled with vastly different rules (Offense, Defense, Record-breaking, Boss Hunt, Survival and Time Attack).
-Duel Mode: Climb up the ranking and achieve higher class by fighting other users!
-Training Mode: Polish your skills to perfection!
-Random Mode: Finish Story Mode to unlock Random Mode and access to random stages played by random rules!

mobicle01's comments:
Dark Blade Free
Dark Blade +10,000P

Check out Dark Blade Review Event and don't miss the giveaways!

Features:
* Dark Blade defines the genre of one-touch duel action gameplay with unique graphics, simplistic game controls, and spectacular combination sword fighting moves that will leave you stunned
* Choose from more than forty distinctly remarkable sword skills to take down enemy combatants
* Experience over sixty game missions and discover hidden missions in order to earn special titles
* Explore Story Mode through forty stages filled with vastly different rules including: Offense, Defense, Record-Breaking, Boss Hunt, Survival and Time Attack
* Connect with friends and rivals in Duel Mode in order to battle each other, compete for high scores, climb up the rankings and achieve supreme status
* Equip your character with over eighty different weapons and costumes: Select a weapon among the swords, axes, and spears which contain unique mixtures of block and damage capabilities; Pick from a variety of costumes that empower you as well as provide protective and functional capacities
* Polish your skills to perfection in Training Mode
*Finish Story Mode to unlock Random Mode: Access to random stages played by random rules
* Accept your competitive nature: Whether youre fighting dark spirits in Story Mode or your rivals in Duel Mode, achieving success remains a constant battle

Device Requirements:
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 10 MB

Dark Blade Free
Dark Blade +10,000P
Dark Blade Facebook Fanpage
08-13-2012, 04:08 AM
"One-Touch Duel Action..."

What's the directional buttons, and the 2 action buttons doing there? Am I missing something?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

08-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Just tried out the free version. Hmmm. 'Could' potentially be okay, games which use the 'stickman' i dont mind but these ones look a bit fuzzy.

I couldnt get off the first screen as there were hordes of people attacking me, got a bit boring after a while and gave up, sorry !
08-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Sorry for the confusion with our catch phrase. We meant by one-touch duel action that there are many different actions that you can prompt with one same touch, depending on where you and the enemies are standing and what kind of weapons you equipped. Just touching one button can result into many different actions. We believe you will know what we mean once you try Dark Blade, and hope you enjoy playing it
08-13-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
"One-Touch Duel Action..."

What's the directional buttons, and the 2 action buttons doing there? Am I missing something?
This game makes me want to punch people in the face. In a good way!

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
08-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Do you have to purchase the IAP to keep playing this? This is a make or break deal here for me. If I don't need it, I'll pick up this game.
08-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Do you have to purchase the IAP to keep playing this? This is a make or break deal here for me. If I don't need it, I'll pick up this game.
I have been able to replay levels and get equal amounts of points per replay. You don't get many, but it has ended up being about 100 points for 2 mins on average for the first level replay.

Which means that everything can be purchased by playing the game. I just briefly played while getting ready for work. But initial impressions are that this game rocks.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
08-13-2012, 08:44 PM
Game Impressions

Control is very easy compared with other action game
08-13-2012, 09:10 PM
The screenshots look very interesting. Since they have a free version might as well give it a whirl
08-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris park View Post
Control is very easy compared with other action game
Wow, this comment means a lot to us. Yeah, that's what we were going for with the controls. Has to be easy with lots of actions Glad you noticed!