Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-07-2012, 12:53 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

I really enjoyed the early stages of this game, but the difficulty got to me later and I haven't played it in weeks. Since it does not look like it will get any updates to adjust that, I will delete it soon. This game is definitely not tuned for the masses.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I really enjoyed the early stages of this game, but the difficulty got to me later and I haven't played it in weeks. Since it does not look like it will get any updates to adjust that, I will delete it soon. This game is definitely not tuned for the masses.
Sadly agree... Really love the concept and generally good at these types of games but just can't get past some difficult level spikes. Great idea, great game, but unless you get lucky or have the perfect build for a stage, just to unbalanced. Was 5 star from ealy impretions, but been stuck on one stage for weeks trying so often and still no progress. Now feel more like a 3 star
Old 10-08-2012, 10:20 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hey!

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble! You've helped us re-think how we approached the structure of the game a bit, so we have a question...

The sequential locking of the levels (forcing you to beat each level to advance) was something we were never fully convinced of. It felt like the "right" thing to do, but we weren't really sure if it worked for Bad Hotel.

How would you guys feel if we released an update that unlocked all of the levels?

One rationale, from our standpoint, is that the new game center leaderboards and achievements are a more effective way of encouraging multiple play sessions than restricting what levels you can play.

What do you think? It would be a pretty easy update to implement...
Old 10-08-2012, 10:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingrolo View Post
How would you guys feel if we released an update that unlocked all of the levels?
That would help, then we could choose to skip harder levels, but quite frankly I'd rather just see some rebalancing that evens-out the difficulty. Like the others, I've been playing this for a while, doing fine, enjoying the experience, then wham!! Been hit by the seemingly-impossibly level challenge and just lost interest after several times retrying.

For me, at least, what seemed to be predictable behavior by enemies suddenly had exceptions, that allowed broad destruction of my hotel pieces, no matter what I seemed to do to try to prevent it. A little more instruction at that point would've been nice, or just a more even approach to the difficulty level. As it is, I ended up deleting the game from my device, despite initially liking what I saw.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Unlocking all levels would help, but I agree with what dclose posted.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingrolo View Post
Hey!

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble! You've helped us re-think how we approached the structure of the game a bit, so we have a question...

The sequential locking of the levels (forcing you to beat each level to advance) was something we were never fully convinced of. It felt like the "right" thing to do, but we weren't really sure if it worked for Bad Hotel.

One rationale, from our standpoint, is that the new game center leaderboards and achievements are a more effective way of encouraging multiple play sessions than restricting what levels you can play.

What do you think? It would be a pretty easy update to implement...
Please do so, at least I could skip the "stress test" and could see the ending
Old 11-17-2012, 04:14 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

How is the level skip implementation going? Really want to see the ending
Old 11-20-2012, 05:51 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
How is the level skip implementation going?
Hey there, we just submitted it!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:41 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hey everyone! The update is out, and we have a sale on! Go grab it.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 AM

Default too difficult

this game has so many great ideas but the difficulty is way too intense. tutorials aren't around either. been stuck on the level crab sticks for days. i'm moving on to another game. hope they better manage difficulty options in a sequel.