★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
10-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,338
I really enjoyed the early stages of this game, but the difficulty got to me later and I haven't played it in weeks. Since it does not look like it will get any updates to adjust that, I will delete it soon. This game is definitely not tuned for the masses.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
10-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
I really enjoyed the early stages of this game, but the difficulty got to me later and I haven't played it in weeks. Since it does not look like it will get any updates to adjust that, I will delete it soon. This game is definitely not tuned for the masses.
Sadly agree... Really love the concept and generally good at these types of games but just can't get past some difficult level spikes. Great idea, great game, but unless you get lucky or have the perfect build for a stage, just to unbalanced. Was 5 star from ealy impretions, but been stuck on one stage for weeks trying so often and still no progress. Now feel more like a 3 star

10-08-2012, 09:20 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Posts: 60
Hey!

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble! You've helped us re-think how we approached the structure of the game a bit, so we have a question...

The sequential locking of the levels (forcing you to beat each level to advance) was something we were never fully convinced of. It felt like the "right" thing to do, but we weren't really sure if it worked for Bad Hotel.

How would you guys feel if we released an update that unlocked all of the levels?

One rationale, from our standpoint, is that the new game center leaderboards and achievements are a more effective way of encouraging multiple play sessions than restricting what levels you can play.

What do you think? It would be a pretty easy update to implement...

Lucky Frame person.
10-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingrolo View Post
How would you guys feel if we released an update that unlocked all of the levels?
That would help, then we could choose to skip harder levels, but quite frankly I'd rather just see some rebalancing that evens-out the difficulty. Like the others, I've been playing this for a while, doing fine, enjoying the experience, then wham!! Been hit by the seemingly-impossibly level challenge and just lost interest after several times retrying.

For me, at least, what seemed to be predictable behavior by enemies suddenly had exceptions, that allowed broad destruction of my hotel pieces, no matter what I seemed to do to try to prevent it. A little more instruction at that point would've been nice, or just a more even approach to the difficulty level. As it is, I ended up deleting the game from my device, despite initially liking what I saw.
10-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,338
Unlocking all levels would help, but I agree with what dclose posted.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingrolo View Post
Hey!

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble! You've helped us re-think how we approached the structure of the game a bit, so we have a question...

The sequential locking of the levels (forcing you to beat each level to advance) was something we were never fully convinced of. It felt like the "right" thing to do, but we weren't really sure if it worked for Bad Hotel.

How would you guys feel if we released an update that unlocked all of the levels?

One rationale, from our standpoint, is that the new game center leaderboards and achievements are a more effective way of encouraging multiple play sessions than restricting what levels you can play.

What do you think? It would be a pretty easy update to implement...
Please do so, at least I could skip the "stress test" and could see the ending
11-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,777
How is the level skip implementation going? Really want to see the ending
11-20-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
How is the level skip implementation going?
Hey there, we just submitted it!

Right hand at Lucky Frame. Makes Games.
11-28-2012, 05:41 AM


Hey everyone! The update is out, and we have a sale on! Go grab it.

Right hand at Lucky Frame. Makes Games.
02-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 7
too difficult

this game has so many great ideas but the difficulty is way too intense. tutorials aren't around either. been stuck on the level crab sticks for days. i'm moving on to another game. hope they better manage difficulty options in a sequel.