Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-13-2012, 09:10 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I hate it when good releases come out before our typical "NZ release days". Makes it so bloody hard to decide what to get and what not to get. Either way...this looks bloody good, and it's a buck? I CAN'T HAS LUNCH FER A MONTH NAO DERP~!
I second that emotion. Just watched the video, don't know what the hell I saw, and my curiosity is at full scale piqued! "Defies Boundries" is a great way to define what I saw and couldn't be more true. I watched the vid before reading anything and about halfway through a light came on and I realized I was watching a tower defense. Oh my stars and garters I might have to grab this one! Hope the dev pops in!
Old 08-13-2012, 09:24 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Note:

Besides the bugged Soundengine the Game is fine, specially the Bossfights are quiet Cool
Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Interesting, you don't really upgrade your 'rooms', rather you buy the + rooms and they increase your adjoining room's abilities. Huh.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:06 AM

As I said previously, I'm not so into tower-defense style games. But this one had too much going for it for me to pass up. And it's really great. The design sense is excellent, gorgeous to look at. For me, the music integration puts it over the top, it adds another unexpected layer of creativity and fun to the mix. Although I can see how some users would be easily turned off by some of the repetitious atonality of the music, I love it. Also loving the icon, really slick. (I know, some of you hate us picky icon people, so sorry!)

So far, I'm doing reasonably well in the game, although the first boss is currently beating me down.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hey folks. Really glad you are enjoying Bad Hotel! I'm from Lucky Frame, makers of this crazy thing, along with JonBro who posted earlier.

If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to post them here and we'll address them as well as we can. There's loads of pretty things on the Bad Hotel website, and lots of details on the presskit site for those who want it.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:08 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
YouTube: video

Note:

Besides the bugged Soundengine the Game is fine, specially the Bossfights are quiet Cool
Just want to point out that the terrible audio in this video is a result not of the game, but of their terrible screen capture. That video is not officially sanctioned and I suspect they did something weird with the audio buffer settings.

So please rest assured, the audio in the game sounds lovely!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:23 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingrolo View Post
...please rest assured, the audio in the game sounds lovely!
Yeah, I can vouch for that (but probably won't ). There's definitely, definitely nothing wrong with the sound in the game and it's just your video Sanuku. :/

rolo, is it normal that the game's kicking my ass left, right and center on the second level of the second set? >_>

Last edited by metalcasket; 08-14-2012 at 04:26 AM..
Old 08-14-2012, 04:43 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
rolo, is it normal that the game's kicking my ass left, right and center on the second level of the second set? >_>
Haha, yeah that level is pretty tricky! I will need to replay it and see if I can remember the secret to beating it. Depending on how people get on with the game, we may end up tweaking some stuff.

We also have an update with achievements ready to go, we were just waiting for early feedback to come in.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:47 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Yeah, I can vouch for that (but probably won't ). There's definitely, definitely nothing wrong with the sound in the game and it's just your video Sanuku. :/
thanks for the confirmation! I didn't mean to come across as bitter and angry and evil. I'm actually super happy that people are making unsanctioned videos, I'm just also quite protective of my sound design

Quote:
hahaha! yeah, that's where the game starts ramping up. It's also where people often need to start rethinking their strategy...you can do it!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:56 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
thanks for the confirmation! I didn't mean to come across as bitter and angry and evil. I'm actually super happy that people are making unsanctioned videos, I'm just also quite protective of my sound design
Well, considering how integral sound is in the overall design of the game, you have every right in the world to be protective. It's not like you just threw in a random soundtrack and called it a day...what we're hearing is just as important as what we're playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbro View Post
Haha, yeah that level is pretty tricky! I will need to replay it and see if I can remember the secret to beating it. Depending on how people get on with the game, we may end up tweaking some stuff
Quote:
hahaha! yeah, that's where the game starts ramping up. It's also where people often need to start rethinking their strategy...you can do it!
And I here I was thinking "Pffft, this is easy!" just a few minutes beforehand. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.

Love your enthusiasm guys. Thanks for a stellar game.