Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-14-2012, 05:16 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Oh oh, here's a question for you: Any chance little ol' me can convince you guys to use the same icon that appears on the App Store on our devices, instead of the current one (lacking both the cloud and lightning bolt)? *runs away* I agree with aeranth...it really is a fantastic icon.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:22 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Oh oh, here's a question for you: Any chance little ol' me can convince you guys to use the same icon that appears on the App Store on our devices, instead of the current one (lacking both the cloud and lightning bolt)? *runs away* I agree with aeranth...it really is a fantastic icon.
Yeah, we tried that out when we were going through our different icons. It was a bit too busy for us when it had the cloud and stuff. Also looked too much like the wu-tang logo

If there is enough feedback in that direction we might be convinced though.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbro View Post
Yeah, we tried that out when we were going through our different icons. It was a bit too busy for us when it had the cloud and stuff. Also looked too much like the wu-tang logo

If there is enough feedback in that direction we might be convinced though.
Come to think of it...it does look a lot like the Wu-Tang logo.

Honestly, I like the current logo. I think it's simple and straight to the point...and as soon as you tap it, you get a massive version of the other icon. Meh, guess I'm just nitpicking.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Come to think of it...it does look a lot like the Wu-Tang logo.

Honestly, I like the current logo. I think it's simple and straight to the point...and as soon as you tap it, you get a massive version of the other icon. Meh, guess I'm just nitpicking.
yeah it's a really interesting question! we went back and forth on it.

An important factor for me was that having the cloud/lightning logo as an icon effectively makes it smaller, and icons on the home screen are pretty small already!

but yes, as Jon said, we're open to suggestions...
Old 08-14-2012, 06:23 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Yeah, I can vouch for that (but probably won't ). There's definitely, definitely nothing wrong with the sound in the game and it's just your video Sanuku. :/

rolo, is it normal that the game's kicking my ass left, right and center on the second level of the second set? >_>
Try not to go very high and make a lot of layers of rooms around your main building as a tree.. For me worked!!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
Try not to go very high and make a lot of layers of rooms around your main building as a tree.. For me worked!!
Yeah, I believe that's how I worked it out. Put a whole bunch of additional rooms around the main building and then just went nuts with weapons all over the place.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

How many stages are there?
Can you explain upgrading system?
Devs, what type of achievements are you thinking about adding?
Old 08-14-2012, 08:11 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
How many stages are there?
Can you explain upgrading system?
Devs, what type of achievements are you thinking about adding?
There are 25 levels, across 5 worlds.

The rooms upgrades unlock as you play the levels, and you can go back and use the rooms system to play the early levels with the more powerful weapons.

There are achievements that are unlocked as you beat the bosses, as well as defeating a pile of enemies or building certain sizes of hotels or shooting a certain number of bullets. These achievements will be in the next update of the game, we just need to submit to apple.

We are thinking of adding per world leader boards, we just need to design it up nice.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingrolo View Post
Just want to point out that the terrible audio in this video is a result not of the game, but of their terrible screen capture. That video is not officially sanctioned and I suspect they did something weird with the audio buffer settings.

So please rest assured, the audio in the game sounds lovely!
Unjailbreaked iDevice (iPad 3) - Check

Bought Game on the iTunes Store - Check

Taking the Time and record a Gameplay Trailer - Check

Realising that there are more then one Bug left in the Game - Check

Getting accused by the Developer of some Voodoo Magic - Check

Loosing any interest in actually providing a Log File that might help to pin down the Bugs - Check

Just a few Days earlier I wrote the following at the Quality vs. Quantity Thread:

Quote:
But since nowadays less and less Reviewer that don`t have more experience then a few Months simply try to make something Bad still look good or even advise to live with it less and less Developer/Publisher will keep actually caring about if a Game is free of Bugs/Glitches/... or if they are still Bugs left that are Plot stopping or not just because they wanted to rush out a Release on Day X.
I thought that I was wrong at some Point when I put that topic on the Table but... in reality I guess the truth is even worse.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:35 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I am actually kind of curious how you got that gameplay video. I thought I needed to enable video mirroring for that to work. It is a pretty processor intensive game, so I could imagine how things would start running a bit slowly if there were some other things going on. The sound in the video does sound a bit like a buffer underrun, which is what happens when there is too much CPU being used.

Did this bug happen when you were not shooting the video?

Last edited by jonbro; 08-14-2012 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: edited for quote length