★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Nom Nation is a delicious platform adventure.

You play as Chef on a mission to rescue the Book of Nom from Jabber the Gut, head of the McFatass Corporation. Only the Noms can help you succeed. Harnessing their hidden powers is the key ingredient.

- 11 levels
- 5 nutritious worlds
- A multitude of fun power-ups

Take farting to a whole new level!

Message from Channel 4:
In order to deliver a personalised, responsive service and improve the app on devices we remember and store information about how you use it. The information is completely safe and secure and will never include any sensitive details. It is used only by Channel 4 or the trusted partners we work with. To read more, please visit our support page or go to the Help and Info tab within the 4oD app. By downloading this application, you agree to our terms of use (www.channel4.com/ToS), and privacy (http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/privacy) and cookies policies (http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/cookies).
08-14-2012, 02:02 AM
This game is too fun to be free.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!

08-14-2012, 02:09 AM
Platformer die-hards are going to want to get in on this one. Really great atmosphere, fun 8-bit art, and delightful characters. I can say it's not a speed platformer; as far as I can tell the levels are fairly long with no timer. Using various power-ups that have a food-centric action (coffee gives speed, steak;strength, broccoli; gas, basically a fart jump, etc.). Essentially the goal is to eat particular items scattered through the levels, once found you can advance. The end-goal is to collect ten golden pages from a healthy eating book. Along the way there are even more items to eat called noms, somewhat affecting your health/performance. So far, its as if there are too many elements involved to even begin to describe, in a sense its almost overwhelming.

But its free, so why not try it? No iAP, and no ads. Being a yankee, I'm not certain, but I believe Channel 4 is a BBC thing, so perhaps that's why it may be free, maybe a show tie-in? Or an 'eat well' promo? Who knows, but dig in!
08-14-2012, 02:31 AM
The TABot should be proud of himself now.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Great little platformer. Love the graphics. Tuesday's turning into a 'mini-Wednesday' with a couple of releases
08-14-2012, 02:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
The TABot should be proud of himself now.
Ha! Funny! I'm embarassed, I don't know how to begin a thread so I flicked the 'start a discussion' switch trough the TA app.

I should also mention that the controls are fairly spot-on, although I have had some frustrations with the up/down responsiveness when climbing ladders and such.
08-14-2012, 03:56 PM
After playing this more I am still really enjoying it. Despite the lack of typical game goals, such as time or scoring, I haven't found myself feeling like that is a hindrance, more of a curious omission. The gut-meter is utterly hilarious...
08-14-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.playnomnation.com/

Online version.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Game Impressions

08-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Let me see... great pixel graphics, interesting gameplay mechanics, decent controls,long, involved levels, secret areas, collectables, free... What's not to like?