★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Penetrator - brand new game released in appstore (not adult game tho ^^)

06-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Penetrator - brand new game released in appstore (not adult game tho ^^)

Hello everyone.
I'm glad to say that today in the morning our brand new game - Penetrator has been finally approved by Apple and now you can download it in the App Store.

You have a space ship. A space ship enclosed inside a large artificial asteroid. You have to penetrate three insanely long and thrilling tunnels filled with obstacles and power-ups to accomplish your mission and archive freedom.

Only most concentrated survive. Can you?

Penetrator is a next-generation copter-like game, where you can control the ship by holding a finger on the screen to fly up and releasing a finger to fall down.

PENETRATOR FEATURES:

Three Environments With Different Physics

There are industrial, lava-damaged and water-filled levels. You will be surprised by how hard flying in low gravity field could be.
Seven Exciting Bonuses

Both helpful and dangerous. There is even warp hole, that makes your ship fall in space continuum.
Unlimited Re-Playability

All tunnels are random generated. You will never fly the same level twice and maybe one day you will get a level without the walls at all!
Dynamically Processed Sound Effects

Listen how your ship's engine spinning up.
Amazing Graphics and Particle Effects

Screenshots speak for themselves.

The price is USD $0.99 the lowest price point at the App Store but for only one week. Later the price will be increased.

We'll be glad to hear your opinions and comments.
P.S. Due to the numerous amount of comments concerning the name (Penetrator) we must say that this is unfortunately not an adult game.
Have fun!

Readdle.
06-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Looks like an awesomely polished game, I'll check it out!

EDIT: Hey guys, any links? I can't find it in the Australian App Store.

Content Writer for www.vgchartz.com

Last edited by jFND; 06-04-2009 at 02:56 AM.

06-04-2009, 03:00 AM
Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=317015904&mt=8

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
06-04-2009, 03:00 AM
I couldn't find it in the US store, i guess its a premature penetrator thread. i'm interested to see the power-ups.

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::
06-04-2009, 03:06 AM
Sorry, it seems that Apple is placing it in appstore right now.
Let's hope it will appear in 1-2 hours.

Check it a bit later.
06-04-2009, 03:07 AM
Its out in the Singapore store. Check the link I posted above? Or try searching for Readdle

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
06-04-2009, 03:07 AM
i was really hoping to brush up on my penetrating skills with a simulator, but I guess this isn't the game to do that with.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
06-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Well I grabbed it and have only had a quick go - but in 8 attempts I've not lasted more than 5 seconds! Definitely not an easy game! The small part of the first level I've seen so far looks good though ;-)

Jamie.
06-04-2009, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
i was really hoping to brush up on my penetrating skills with a simulator, but I guess this isn't the game to do that with.
LOL, the first thought of mine is that movie with the same name...oops.

Looks like a avoid hitting anything before reaching the goal -- I guess I may pass.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
06-04-2009, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
Well I grabbed it and have only had a quick go - but in 8 attempts I've not lasted more than 5 seconds!
Dude that is hilarious.