Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-14-2012, 08:19 PM

Also, for those confused about the rock-paper-scissors mechanics here in terms of the elements, just look on the upper right hand corner of the screen. It's a persistent reference guide.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:45 PM

Cant find this game in Mexico!!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:03 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Anybody else saw that invite code thing above the quick start?

It does not all you to play the full game even though I paid .99??

What's going on here?

*EDIT*
Do not purchase this app!!!

I just played a quest, then died, when I went to replay it, it mentioned I did not have enough *mana* or *crystals* it basically had the "audacity" to ask me if I wanted to go into the app store to "purchase" more crystals?!?!

I thought my .99 was for a full game. I will be contacting apple support tomorrow, get a refund and hopefully have them pull this game from the store.

Also, before downloading the app, scroll down and click on app support from the developer, you will be migrated over to a bogus static website that shows a pixel art and a about us "that does not work" and nothing else on the site. I smell scam here.

Buyer beware.

Last edited by odi0n; 08-15-2012 at 02:15 AM..
Old 08-15-2012, 02:52 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

This appears to be an internationally released rip-off of the game Puzzle & Dragon:

http://itunes.apple.com/jp/app/puzzle-dragons/id493470467?l=en&mt=8

...the original is a insanely well-crafted and addictive game, that blends match-3 puzzles, dungeon-crawling RPGs and monster wrangling into something that us truly greater than the sum of its parts. It was 85 at first, but after a few months switched over to free, with IAP in the form of multipurpose "magic stones." They just finished two weeks of celebrating 10,000,000 downloads(!!!) that including giving away said "magic stones" for free every day, and have just entered a collaboration with Namco to add some flagship characters in as guest monsters.
So, it's little surprise someone didn't copy their formula and try to milk the market outside of Japan.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:17 AM

can anyones tell me how to create the name in the game and how to use facebook account to login, i didn't find it in the game, just quick login
Old 08-15-2012, 04:28 AM

Interesting that they ripped off that Japanese game because it looks like they ripped off Diablo art and font as well. LOL. Even the characters. Barbarian and Tyrael are pretty shameless clones.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:10 AM

Heh, I can understand where all the confusion is coming from as the localization here isn't the strongest (but it's by no means undecipherable and doesn't even approach some of the worst Korean offenders I've seen in the app store).

It took me a while to decipher the systems at work here and I think I still have a ways to go, but here's what I've learned.

- Mana is needed to take on quests. You can see how much mana you have by looking at the top center of the screen when you're not in combat. It's portrayed by a blue bottle (of which the contents inside nicely tilts with your accelerometer) and its corresponding number underneath. Going on quests (i.e., playing the puzzle game) uses up mana per quest. It tells you how much a quest will consume in the quest menu. When you've used mana (or as long as your mana isn't full), you'll see a timer up by your mana bottle which counts down to the next time your mana will replenish. I currently have a max of 22 mana. Normal quests take 3 mana. Special server based high payout daily event quests take 10 mana. Replenishing mana takes around 8 minutes. There's nothing really offensive about the IAP model that I can see here.

- Help points are used to summon rare heroes which can join your team. You get hero points by helping other real players (!). At first I thought I was selecting AI to take with me on quests to help ME. Turns out these were real players and a bunch of them sent me in-game friend requests. So now I somehow have a friends list and I am gaining help points each time I bring one of my "friends" along on a quest with me. It's kind of a fascinating system actually, but sort of crippled by the fact that nobody has a unique name in the ecosystem. Everyone picks an element at the start of the game and that element comes with a name. So you show up on people's friends list with that default name and the only distinction you have is your current level and upgraded abilities. :P

I have no idea what this game rips off or not, but if this is a scam, it's certainly the most well-produced, polished, fun scam I've ever played on iOS.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:00 AM

Default i just dont know

the thing i like about touch arcade you get to hear what people think of games (i dont trust the user comments on apps store half the the time) i love these type of games (not sure how you class it). I left now thinking is it worth picking up or not with the couple of "its a rip or its a scam" messages. Now i said i dont take notice half the time of the comments on app store yet one common issue is you got to be connected always to play i suppose this must be cause of the other player element one poster mentioned?

Think i will hold untill more people comment on this game anyone else tried this as yet?
Old 08-15-2012, 06:05 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

this game is a freaking rip off of a japanese title: puzzle and dragon

http://www.gungho.jp/pad/

yea and this game is FREE in japan

Last edited by sdmiracle; 08-15-2012 at 06:14 AM..
Old 08-15-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaresident View Post
Interesting that they ripped off that Japanese game because it looks like they ripped off Diablo art and font as well. LOL. Even the characters. Barbarian and Tyrael are pretty shameless clones.
Can't speak to the characters, but the Diablo font was not created by Blizzard: it was designed by Jonathan Barnbrook and is available commercially through Emigre as "Mason." Many games, movies, and goth and metal album covers have used it.

Last edited by squarezero; 08-15-2012 at 08:05 AM..