Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-15-2012, 07:01 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm really digging the art but if it's truly a real rip off, I think they'd use the same art/characters. Looks like they only took some of the art styles and the mechanics. However Japan won't give us the game so these guys gave it to us. Reminds me of people that make those Pokemon-esque games because Nintendo is never going to put Pokemon on the app store. I really don't see the problem unless the game is broken in some way to steal your money.

The only part that really turns me off is needing the internet to play when you don't really need it (except for the friend mechanic). With an ipod touch, this is pretty hard for me to play.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:26 AM

This game is Japanese developed. At first I thought it was Korean, maybe Chinese, but after checking the credits in-game, it's definitely a legit Japanese crew. I guess OneClick Games is a Japanese company.

I dunno, seems legit to me. I don't know why everyone is so panicked. I paid .99 cents and have not hit a paywall or any egregiously creepy IAP mechanics. The premium currency here are diamonds. You get diamonds consistently and regularly by playing quests (it's a part of the payout), and right now they're doing some aggressive promos server side and giving out huge handfuls of diamonds each day you log in.

One thing I did confirm just now is that you do need a network connection to play. I suspect it's less of a "scam" and more the fact that there is an underlying layer of MMO at work here (see what I said earlier about the friends list thing) and your stats are logged online at all times to support that mechanic.

If you're on the fence and enjoy games like Legend Four, Dungeon Raid, 10000000, etc. I say go for it.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:28 AM

I downloaded Puzzle and Dragon from the Japanese store to see how much of a rip-off Angel Salvation is. On the one hand, AS takes it's game mechanics directly from P&D. On the other, P&D's artwork and design borrows heavily from DragonQuest and Pokemon, so it's hard to take any accusation of rip-off very seriously.

P&D strikes me as the more polished package, but I have to appreciate AS for actually teaching me how to play P&D .
Old 08-15-2012, 07:33 AM

The gameplay mechanics are really impressive, IMO.

Fighting up to 5 monsters at once, being able to target each depending on the color/combo you are eliminating that turn, and the ability to move blocks ANYWHERE (and yet having to move them physically in a strategic manner as swiping through the wrong blocks will mess up your chain) is very very compelling.

Edit: Okay, I just watched some videos of Puzzle & Dragons on youtube and I see why people think this is a ripoff from a gameplay perspective. However, I much prefer the art style of Angel Salvation. Also, gameplay strategy wise, I think I just learned a ton from watching these master players playing P&D!

Last edited by chespace; 08-15-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Old 08-15-2012, 09:17 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I was going to grab this but now with Puzzle Craft hitting tonight I don't see the point.
It does seem to be a ripoff but online only??
Old 08-15-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
I was going to grab this but now with Puzzle Craft hitting tonight I don't see the point.
It does seem to be a ripoff but online only??
BUT while some of you have played the version that its copying from, i not been able to play the other version with it being in Jap so this if i buy it be the first time i play it. So with that im mind is it any good in your view guys? got to have net connection for it to work seems a pain.....
Old 08-15-2012, 11:23 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Is this available only in US? Does anyone from EU got it?
Old 08-15-2012, 11:25 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
Is this available only in US? Does anyone from EU got it?
Nope, not available in germany
Old 08-15-2012, 11:52 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
Nope, not available in germany
Thanks for the response!
Old 08-15-2012, 11:53 AM
In Time-Out

It's games like this that make me happy to give money to makers of games like 10000000. Shamelessly ripping off other games isn't worth my 99 cents.