★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The developer of 2D retro platformer "GameGuy" now brings you a 2D retro topdown racer.

With 60 seconds on the clock, can you complete the required amount of laps on road and ice? Hold your nerve as you hurtle your car through tight straights, collecting spanners, 180 degree turns and steer your way over the finish line in this classic topdown single screen racer.

Welcome to A Really Retro Racer!

Features:-

80 Track Variations.
Road & Ice Surfaces.
Leaderboard and Achievements.
Normal & Drifting Driving Styles.

ParkProductionsGames's comments:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/a-really-retro-racer/id548837391?mt=8&uo=4
08-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Well i dont think younger iOS players will like this one ! This is a true throwback to the Atari VCS days, love the very very basic graphics and the font takes you back to the VCS days as well.

From the screenshots you know what you're gonna get, a very basic racer but it takes you on a little trip down memory lane ! Just had a go, controls work well, cant see myself playing this non-stop but happy to have an old skool Atari 2600 style game on my ipod.
08-14-2012, 11:34 PM
Nice little game. Would have preferred playing on the iPad, or for the play area to be raised a little more as my thumbs do tend to cover the action at the bottom of the screen. Don't hesitate to give this one a download though.
08-15-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Well i dont think younger iOS players will like this one ! This is a true throwback to the Atari VCS days, love the very very basic graphics and the font takes you back to the VCS days as well.
I especially like the Atari's number font

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Nice little game. Would have preferred playing on the iPad, or for the play area to be raised a little more as my thumbs do tend to cover the action at the bottom of the screen. Don't hesitate to give this one a download though.
When the IAP purchase to remove iAds is bought a larger control area is used with the track moving up to the top of the screen.
08-15-2012, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkProductionsGames View Post
I especially like the Atari's number font

When the IAP purchase to remove iAds is bought a larger control area is used with the track moving up to the top of the screen.
Funny thing, I was actually wondering about that: haven't seen any ads in the game at all so far.