★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Razor: Salvation (by Crescent Moon Games), $2.99 --> FREE!

08-14-2012, 02:08 PM
#1
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,866
Razor: Salvation (by Crescent Moon Games), $2.99 --> FREE!


08-14-2012, 02:11 PM
#2
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 9,382
Nice!

08-14-2012, 02:13 PM
#3
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,193
Hmm.. Shelled out 3 bucks for this day one. Didnt touch it after 3 or 4 days i think. It's decent though, just that there are other games similar to it that are better than this in my opinion.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-14-2012, 02:40 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 8,250
Hmm, opinions did seem kind of mixed on this, but might give it a try for free. Still, even on iTunes, it's only got 2.5 stars so not sure if it's worthy of clearing space.

Is this another CM game that's going completely free with ad-support (like Seigecraft, Raid Leader and Evertales)?

The addition of ads only seemed to affect the menus in those. But just curious.
08-14-2012, 02:44 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Hmm.. Shelled out 3 bucks for this day one. Didnt touch it after 3 or 4 days i think. It's decent though, just that there are other games similar to it that are better than this in my opinion.
Odd since it was $1 for the first month and a half. Lol
08-14-2012, 03:03 PM
#6
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Hmm, opinions did seem kind of mixed on this, but might give it a try for free. Still, even on iTunes, it's only got 2.5 stars so not sure if it's worthy of clearing space.

Is this another CM game that's going completely free with ad-support (like Seigecraft, Raid Leader and Evertales)?

The addition of ads only seemed to affect the menus in those. But just curious.
I don't see any ads anywhere. There is a banner at the bottom of the menu, but it says gaming info. But if they go freemium in the future, I guess that banner would be for ads.

Yeah, I bought this early on. At the time, feedback was the game was really pretty but got monotonous and dull after a short time. In fact, some players were deleting it after one day of play due to disk space.

I got it for a buck, and for it, it was a decent game. Not really a game you can play too much cause it does get a little dull, but it is kind of a fun rail shooter for awhile. I wish the reload times were faster on the main gun, cause you seem to wait forever to reload which kind of sucks.

I can see how some players bought this for 3 dollars could be upset with all the price drops and quality of game, but for free, this is a fanantastic game to pick up and play. The graphics are really nice on my ipad. Definitely worth picking up.
08-14-2012, 03:35 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 351
So, how's the IAP model? Can you progress without giving them money? Or not...

I haven't bought a CM game since the iapfest that was siegecraft, but for free maybe I'll take a look.
08-14-2012, 09:35 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimah View Post
Odd since it was $1 for the first month and a half. Lol
Ha! You're right... It was a buck when i got it. I just checked my receipts.

Wasnt surprising how i forgot about it... on that day i also bought Axon Runners, Inferno+ and Zombie Carnaval. It got forgotten right away, buried under the other titles.

I'll give the game another shot. Im sure there were updates i downloaded for it so the experience could be better this time.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-14-2012, 11:03 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Minneapolis, USA
Posts: 3,654
CM makes good games, and I will happily try this one out for $0, TY.
08-15-2012, 03:39 AM
#10
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Tel-Aviv
Posts: 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
CM makes good games, and I will happily try this one out for $0, TY.
Yeah, CM are great game makers. However, in this particular case, I never really got into the action, I guess I'm not a fan of the genre. But anyway, for free it's a sweet deal.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!