Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-16-2012, 02:44 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thanks, I dunno what it is, maybe I'm super sensitive to it or maybe its only happening on my devices but I've tried it on a bunch of devices and its always the same.

It seems most noticeable if I stand on a moving platform, but its as if the framerate isn't consistent or its out of sync or something. Just seems sluggish and not as smooth as all the other games I have. Eek!

I want to play the game so much that I'm just looking past the problem and trying to ignore it!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:50 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Played through the first couple levels, really diggin' this so far!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:53 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
yeah, I'm REALLY trying to NOT compare this to LoE, as I know it's a completely different title... I think that's what's helping me enjoy it more...

If I want LoE, I've got both of em on both my devices, I'll play it... but this is a nice change of pace, and when not compared to LoE, I think the enjoyment level goes up a bit. =oP
Very well put. I'm going to mix up some guns and characters tonight and give 'er another run based on opening my eyes this way and not comparing.
I certainly want to like it more..
Old 08-16-2012, 03:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Yay or Nay? Buy or no buy? I have 2$ left and have yet to buy nothing from new releases
Old 08-16-2012, 03:04 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Yay or Nay? Buy or no buy? I have 2$ left and have yet to buy nothing from new releases
I say buy. Don't expect LoE-style platforming, though. This is different, but still solid!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:20 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
BUY IT. As suggested, do not compare this to their previous games and you'll love it.

The content might not be too much this time, but knowing Ravenous Games and how they make their children grow, this game will grow big.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:28 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Ravenous Games is no longer synonymous with Instabuy.Ok were do I begin,I finished this game in 50min to a hour (way to short) and I did enjoy it to a point but I think I enjoyed it off of previous game merit/success i.e Loe (ios classic),Loe 2 is ok but not quit as good as the first and Burgercat I hated.Maybe they set the bar too high w/Loe.I pretty much cursed thru this and once I bought the Rocket launcher it was a breeze.I see absolutely no replay value at all.The AI walk away from me and let me shoot them in the back w/out turning around to fight back.The enemies in general are weak and pose no real challenge.The hardest part of the game is maybe timing your jumps (and thats not hard).I expected much more.I guess Ravenous is just synonymous for spot on controls (that they get a A).
Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Kinda have mixed feelings about this game. It's really not that much fun, more frustrating then fun. I am a big fan of LoE1&2 but this is no where near that. Maybe once you collect coins and buy better weapons it gets better but right now not so great. The levels are boring too not much variety and the enemies are just plain annoying. It's hard to avoid them.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:06 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

This game is quite good. Completed within an hour no need to purchase any iAP as coins are easy to get (beat a boss level a few times and that gives you a lot of coins to buy stuff in the shop).
30 levels is too short, 60 would have been acceptable at launch. Guess this is just gonna sit in a folder until an update comes along and I'm guessing it's gonna be sometime as LOE2 hasn't had any new levels since it was released!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Buy it. Like LOE, it's worth every penny and then some.
As others said, it's not LOE. It is one of the best platformers on iOS though.
Reminds me of early mega man games in some ways.