Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-16-2012, 06:11 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Considering how skimpy the package is, I wonder if we can expect more levels in an update.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Intrigued by this comment as I've been spending the past few months blasting through some old Speccy games. How can you get more moronic than no AI at all? Enemies in the 80s just moved back and forth.
Wow you should have played on the Amiga or ST then you would have had more of a challenge. Though surely Chucky Egg was on Spectrum too? That was a sweet game and a real challenge!

Oh and Frak... That was awesome... Would love to play that again on my iPad!

Edit: Just looked up both those games on YouTube and wow did I misremember them! Amazing how rubbish they look now... And the enemies WERE mindless!

How strange!!!

Jamie

Last edited by badmanj; 08-16-2012 at 06:16 AM..
Old 08-16-2012, 06:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Overall ... slightly disappointed, but not to the point where it completely deters me from playing.

Initially, it's rather tedious. 8 shots from the starter gun to kill the weakest enemy. That isn't really "Explosive Action", is it?

Crashes = lost gold. I had about 600, the game crashed, I reloaded and I was back to about 400.

It's possible to glitch through the floor and out of the visible game area. I did it after jumping down through a platform, then trying to walk - the player character just kept falling out of sight but the game screen was still visible, etc.

The incredibly weak starter gun feels like it's there to encourage impatient players to grab some IAP cash, rather than contributing in any way to the gameplay. I never thought I'd use the words "grind the first boss" when talking about a platform game, but there you are - that's the best money making tip I can come up with. If you have the revolver, it only takes 30 shots to kill him... And, of course, he's incredibly easy to beat.

No bonus objective items to find. I'm thinking of the briefcases in League of Evil. This game (platform/exploration) would be perfect for that kind of additional level objective, but they missed the opportunity.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 AM

If i remember correctly, this isn't the first time if encountered progress wiping crash bugs from this dev. If you wanna grind tirst boss i'd close the app and reload every 1000 coins or so.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetshooter View Post
Overall ... slightly disappointed, but not to the point where it completely deters me from playing.

Initially, it's rather tedious. 8 shots from the starter gun to kill the weakest enemy. That isn't really "Explosive Action", is it?

Crashes = lost gold. I had about 600, the game crashed, I reloaded and I was back to about 400.

It's possible to glitch through the floor and out of the visible game area. I did it after jumping down through a platform, then trying to walk - the player character just kept falling out of sight but the game screen was still visible, etc.

The incredibly weak starter gun feels like it's there to encourage impatient players to grab some IAP cash, rather than contributing in any way to the gameplay. I never thought I'd use the words "grind the first boss" when talking about a platform game, but there you are - that's the best money making tip I can come up with. If you have the revolver, it only takes 30 shots to kill him... And, of course, he's incredibly easy to beat.

No bonus objective items to find. I'm thinking of the briefcases in League of Evil. This game (platform/exploration) would be perfect for that kind of additional level objective, but they missed the opportunity.
speaking of damage, i just bought the robot cop suit (highest damage modifier) and the pulse rifle and the damage output is still far from satisfying.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Anyone else finding themselves trying to double jump like... all the time? Wish we had that mechanic in this game too! Maybe as an unlockable coin purchase, hrm.

I agree with everyone saying the starter weapon is crap, takes too many shots to kill the weakest person IMO. Wish there were hidden things to collect like the briefcase in League of Evil. Levels don't really feel like they have that much depth. Would also like a better/quicker mechanic for dropping your character down a level.

At .99c this game is totally worth it, room for some tweaks and improvements.. but totally worth it as-is. Looking forward to future updates!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Considering how skimpy the package is, I wonder if we can expect more levels in an update.
Haven't played much but as fast as I blew through the first world, I am kind of shocked by the lack of content. Since there are branching paths, I guess there is some replay value.

They supported LOE pretty well so I would expect that they'll be releasing more levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh.hofer View Post
Anyone else finding themselves trying to double jump like... all the time? Wish we had that mechanic in this game too! Maybe as an unlockable coin purchase, hrm.

I agree with everyone saying the starter weapon is crap, takes too many shots to kill the weakest person IMO. Wish there were hidden things to collect like the briefcase in League of Evil. Levels don't really feel like they have that much depth. Would also like a better/quicker mechanic for dropping your character down a level.
Yeah, I've been trying to double jump as well. And agree that it is kind of a clunky mechanism to hold down the jump button to drop a level.

Overall, I'm enjoying it, but don't feel like it's quite up to par with their other efforts.

Last edited by awp69; 08-16-2012 at 09:35 AM..
Old 08-16-2012, 10:26 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Like everyone else, i went through the first world and went like... That was the first world? I stopped playing for a bit because i dont want to breeze through the game and to the end yet.

The LOE briefcase suggestion is actually needed here to encourage replay. Also, I was thinking some even have to be in hidden corridors, like how you can go through a hole in the wall, or maybe some breakable walls that hide some collectibles behind them.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I should start by saying that I really like this game, but I was wondering if anyone else thinks its a little laggy? It's only slight, but I tried it on a bunch of devices including my 4S and its not quite silky smooth.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuous View Post
I should start by saying that I really like this game, but I was wondering if anyone else thinks its a little laggy? It's only slight, but I tried it on a bunch of devices including my 4S and its not quite silky smooth.
Doesnt feel laggy on my 4s or ipad3.