CastleGuard2 Update 1 is Out (0.99 Action RPG)
The update has been live for several days now, I've been a little busy working on the next update and haven't had a chance to get in here and spill the beans about what's coming next!
Here are a couple of videos showing current gameplay and customization.
Player Appearance Customization:
Youtube link | Pop Up
Youtube link | Pop Up
Finally it looks like people are starting to fill in those stars, which is a great relief as it means I am on the right track. They're also posting comments about features they'd like to see next, and I'm listening and doing!
The next update is planned out and well underway. At this time, it looks like the following items are on the ToDo list for the next update. A solid list of bugfixes, and new features:
- Fix music replay bug
- Players will sometimes spawn in the water
- Improve creature AI and performance
- When using melee and out of range, auto-move the character to target
- Improve the spawner logic
- Fix the Castle Crevass character-stuck bug
- Replace health bar with char info panel in upper left
- Replace overhead target names with target info panel (performance enhancement)
- Add a d-pad graphic, remove onscreen button graphics
- Always face the target
- Add kill quests to obtain character power-ups
- Add scenario room for grinding and levelling
- Add the ability to attack NPCs
- Let health recharge over time
- Break up the dungeons into smaller areas (performance and content enhancement)
And about 100 other things which I will find and fix/add along the way. The main goal for the next update is to tighten up the engine and get things in line for the next MAJOR update, which will include much more content: character development, skills, inventory, quests, and merchants. To go along with those on an ongoing basis will be more storyline development and areas to explore. I'm shopping art assets for new monster additions always, I have a couple lined up to insert into the game, as appropriate with the story.
I am thinking about adding some kind of player persistence to the game, in the same way that some of the text-based MMOs work. Perhaps combining some of those features in, to let you run your own kingdom and let others come and try to attack it.
Anyway, thanks so much for your *excellent* feature contributions and ideas, CastleGuard2 is rising up the ranks and is on a LOT of devices now!