Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #381  
Old 08-20-2012, 11:53 AM
davidovich davidovich is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 219
Default

ArsThanea: Thanks for replying to everyone's threads. I wanted to ask about a couple of UI improvements to really put that extra bit o' polish on the game. For example, when mining or farming, it's difficult to see some of the compound elements at the bottom when trying to see what combo makes what. When your finger is pressed down to see the combination illustration, it visually runs off the screen on the right side. Also, have you thought about making the tools area at the top a slider as opposed to moving through the tools with the arrows? It's sometimes tricky to select items. Anyways, thanks for listening. We're all looking forward to any planned updates. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 08-20-2012, 12:31 PM
tripleeyedsnake tripleeyedsnake is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
Default

davidovich is right, a slider (endless circle) for the tools would be great.

Another issue I have with the UI is that when we run out of moves and the window appears asking us "do you want to save that field?" the amount of money we have in our pot can't be seen. For me it is important to know how many gold coins I have left before I decide to save a field or not.

Now that Monday is almost over in Europe: any news regarding the "no string" error? Was your team able to see into it?
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 08-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Baracus Baracus is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markku View Post
Ok I want to buy this but I'm on the fence sell me on it.
Are you serious. 39 pages of great comments and you still want someone to hold your hand? Just read!!

And it's only a bloody dollar!!

Live a little... Buy the damn thing!
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 08-20-2012, 02:07 PM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,121
Default

Any news on the no string bugfix? I'd like to keep my save : )
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 08-20-2012, 02:10 PM
numinous numinous is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7
Default Game Impressions

Congratulations on creating a very well-polished crafting/match-3 game with a persistent meta-town to furnish with upgrades. At first blush, it felt abit like Triple Town, but with a persistent "outside world" that kept the matching part of the game from being endless/meaningless.

I am playing it on a 4th generation iPod Touch, and it does occasionally crash on start-up (during the loading screen). Either restarting my ipod or closing it from the dock and reopening it fixes that though.

I am at about Level 15 now, and I am kinda feeling like the game might reach an "end" to it, in terms of ones mastery of the resources and unlocking all of the buildings and maxing out the workers. I haven't bought any IAP and have built a "buffer" of about 2000 gold.

One idea I thought of, is to have a "challenge arena" building that is unlocked at a certain level or that you can craft/buy. This arena would have specific challenges you would have to complete to earn a reward. It would cost a certain amount of gold or resources to take on the challenge. This could also function as a "special event" like a "travelling caravan" or "merchant" who occasionally visits your town. Perhaps you could also "bet" or "gamble" some of your gold or resources for a bigger pay-off. Once the player has reached a certain level of mastery, i think this would keep the player coming back for more.

I think it's been discussed to have another crafting arena, besides farming and mining. That would really extend the playability too.

Maybe it has been asked already, but what were your inspirations for this game?
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 08-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Misguided Misguided is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleeyedsnake View Post
davidovich is right, a slider (endless circle) for the tools would be great.

Another issue I have with the UI is that when we run out of moves and the window appears asking us "do you want to save that field?" the amount of money we have in our pot can't be seen. For me it is important to know how many gold coins I have left before I decide to save a field or not.

Now that Monday is almost over in Europe: any news regarding the "no string" error? Was your team able to see into it?
Good suggestions, and to piggyback on this, I had actually thought if you could see the layout of the board (for mining in particular) when evaluating whether or not to continue, it would be helpful.

Love the slider suggestion. At the very least, it would be nice if it remember the position we were just at the moment before (when using rakes or fertilizer a lot).
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 08-20-2012, 04:10 PM
tripleeyedsnake tripleeyedsnake is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Good suggestions, and to piggyback on this, I had actually thought if you could see the layout of the board (for mining in particular) when evaluating whether or not to continue, it would be helpful.

Love the slider suggestion. At the very least, it would be nice if it remember the position we were just at the moment before (when using rakes or fertilizer a lot).
So let's suggest a transparent pop up window for "do you want to save." I think you are right, it always bothers me that I can't remember if the resources are in a good position to continue or if the field isn't worth saving it.
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 08-20-2012, 04:15 PM
ArsThanea ArsThanea is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 159
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidovich View Post
ArsThanea: Thanks for replying to everyone's threads. I wanted to ask about a couple of UI improvements to really put that extra bit o' polish on the game. For example, when mining or farming, it's difficult to see some of the compound elements at the bottom when trying to see what combo makes what. When your finger is pressed down to see the combination illustration, it visually runs off the screen on the right side. Also, have you thought about making the tools area at the top a slider as opposed to moving through the tools with the arrows? It's sometimes tricky to select items. Anyways, thanks for listening. We're all looking forward to any planned updates. Thanks again.
thanks for your feedback. We will keep it in mind.

tripleeyedsnake, killercow
Quote:
Now that Monday is almost over in Europe: any news regarding the "no string" error? Was your team able to see into it?
We've tried to repro it and it seems that it happen only on iOS 5.01 + if you are lack of free space on your device. I think we will be able to fix it, but unfortunatelly I wouldn't have high hopes that after update save is correct. I'ts not confirmed 100% yet. We are strugling with this issue. I will inform you if I'm sure.

Also I noticed that we are nominated for Game of the Week on this forum, so if any of you like Puzzle Craft please give us your vote. Thank you so much for support!
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=148535

Best
Bartek
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 08-20-2012, 04:22 PM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsThanea View Post
tripleeyedsnake, killercow

We've tried to repro it and it seems that it happen only on iOS 5.01 + if you are lack of free space on your device. I think we will be able to fix it, but unfortunatelly I wouldn't have high hopes that after update save is correct. I'ts not confirmed 100% yet. We are strugling with this issue. I will inform you if I'm sure.
That's weird, i am on the latest firmware with 4gb+ of free space... That's really a damn shame though, i was pretty far, reminds me of IB II and how my save game got deleted right after i finished the game. I couldn't do it again afterwards.

Last edited by killercow; 08-20-2012 at 04:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 08-20-2012, 05:54 PM
KushyKush KushyKush is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 480
Default

I'm liking how this game is getting progressively deeper as I move on. In the beginning the match 3 games were so easy it was painful but now it's becoming a lot more fun with wolves, rats, gas, etc.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent