App description: RUN CRITTER RUN!
Escape from a secret research facility in this stealth-based adventure game. Play as a test specimen and work your way through the corridors of the facility, avoiding guards and collecting items. Intuitive controls and comical animations make Critter Escape a game that any player can enjoy.

This app offers in-app purchases. You may restrict in-app purchasing using your device settings.

Press love Critter Escape
...if youre a fan of the strategic stealth game, then you will definitely want to check out the universal Critter Escape. AppAdvice

Its got style, presentation, and plenty of replayability to keep people hooked for as long as they might need the distraction. 148Apps

Critter Escape is what you want out of a mobile puzzle/action game. GameZebo

AWESOME FEATURES
Stealth gameplay and puzzling levels test your brains and reaction speed.
Cute central character with hilarious animations.
Crazy, mutating power-ups change the way you play the game.
Over 120 unique levels to escape from.
Universal; will work on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

Important Consumer Information. This app: Requires acceptance of EA's Privacy & Cookie Policy, TOS and EULA. Contains advertisments for EA and its partners. Collects data through third party analytics technology (see Privacy & Cookie Policy for details). Contains direct links to the internet.

Terms of Service : http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service
Privacy & Cookie Policy : http://www.ea.com/privacy-policy
EULA : http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/OTHER/
Visit http://www.chillingo.com/about/game-faqs/ for assistance or inquiries.

EA may retire online features and services after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/1/service-updates

Sanuku's comments:

08-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
yes, i know. I've been unable to play with the line drawing, because... well... the game moves too fast for it to really be comfortable...

and the 'd-pad' is what I was talking about when I said that "This current control scheme is a little finicky" - so hopefully a static joystick can be added in a future update.
by static joystick do you mean one that is in a persistent location?
08-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmyhead View Post
by static joystick do you mean one that is in a persistent location?
Yes-sir-e-bob =o)

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass

08-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Well, as you can imagine, the controls went through many iterations. We tried to give the best of both worlds-- as soon as you touch your thumb/finger down, the joystick remains static at that location. Without that, it's one more setting to toggle for righty/lefty. But we'll see what we can do about adding that option to the next update.
08-16-2012, 12:13 PM
well then maybe it's just the controls that are jittery, not the actual control scheme that has anything to do with it...

if you could tighten up the controls, maybe that would fix it.

Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
08-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Also, any chance the game will get a performance update in the future for lower end devices? The game is pretty laggy and crashes quite a bit on my 4th gen touch... runs great on my iPad 2... but pretty bad on the iPod... =o/

**edit

I will say that the game is a blast, despite my issues with the controls. I'm only on level 1-11, but it really is quite fun. Anyone interested in a more arcade based game with some stealth mixed into some great actiony gameplay should definitely check this one out.

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 08-16-2012 at 12:19 PM.
08-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Also, any chance the game will get a performance update in the future for lower end devices? The game is pretty laggy and crashes quite a bit on my 4th gen touch... runs great on my iPad 2... but pretty bad on the iPod... =o/

**edit

I will say that the game is a blast, despite my issues with the controls. I'm only on level 1-11, but it really is quite fun. Anyone interested in a more arcade based game with some stealth mixed into some great actiony gameplay should definitely check this one out.
Thanks for the nice comment there at the end! And glad the game runs well on your iPad. I've played untold hours on my 4th gen iPhone, and never had any performance issues-- even playing on our 3rd gen devices have no issues here. So there's some possibility for improved performance in the next updates-- but it could help to quit any other apps you have running in the background.
08-16-2012, 12:34 PM
yeah, I already tried quitting background apps, and doing a hard reset.... no luck. And I'm not surprised it runs great on your 3rd gen... the 4th gen has just as much ram, but includes the whole retina display, so it's bound to have some hiccups on newer games... there are actually very few new titles than run super smooth on it... so... =oP

But anywho, great to hear that there's the possibility for some performance improvements. Thanks for that!

08-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Dev, tell me why this cool game (at my opinion) doesn't have a lot of comments here and in the App Store?
08-16-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobelak555 View Post
Dev, tell me why this cool game (at my opinion) doesn't have a lot of comments here and in the App Store?
The game just came out today, so as more reviews get posted, hopefully the word will spread!
08-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonmyhead View Post
The game just came out today, so as more reviews get posted, hopefully the word will spread!
Looks like not so much people has already waiting for this one.
I hope there will be new episodes in the future, but it depends on people.