★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MeeMee! My New Character Creator App :)

11-25-2008, 02:06 AM
MeeMee! My New Character Creator App :)

EDIT: The first update is out, adding custom backgrounds (any photo you have on your iPod/iPhone), new premade christmas backgrounds and general performance improvements. Thanks to everyone who's bought and commented so far!

As a lot of people have helped me in the macrumors forum and I know this is sort of related , I thought I'd announce the launch of my new app, the MeeMee Creator (itunes link) here as well I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post my own app here or if it even qualifies as a game as such (although I'm having lots of fun using it :P) so if I shouldn't post here, i apologize.

The MeeMee creator lets you create funky cartoon versions of you or your friends, email them to your friends, enter them into competitions, even apply them as images to your contacts.

Here's the full feature list for those interested:
• Gives you a combined total of unique combination possibilities (that's without counting the colour variations).
•Takes advantage of the unique iPhone/iPod Touch features such as swiping your finger across the screen to flick through backgrounds for your character, rotating the device to switch between Showcase mode and Workshop mode for editing or admiring your creation
• The MeeMee Character Creator is completely offline, meaning no expensive internet bills or 3G quota overloads.
• Allows you to take photos of your newly created MeeMee characters to your photos section and assign them as pictures in your iPhone contacts, save them as your personal iPhone background, email them to friends or send them to our website so other people can enjoy them.
• Regular planned 'update packs' with more parts, suggested or requested by users.
• Regular competitions where the best MeeMee submissions get the chance to win cool prizes!

I've put a video (albeit not super quality) on www.meemeeapp.com

Comment, suggestions or similar are always welcome and appreciated as I'd like to make this as fun a program as possible!

The first competition should be up in a weeks time or so (I'm thinking probably itunes gift cards), so if you want to participate, please take the chance to get this while it's on sale!

Thanks for looking guys!

Last edited by TripleJ; 12-09-2008 at 08:05 PM.
11-25-2008, 02:25 AM
That looks pretty cool!

11-25-2008, 02:32 AM
I was looking at this at the appstore, interesting.....
11-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Cheers If you do try it out, please let me know your thoughts! Been working really hard on this and we're interested in working very closely with the users to ensure they're getting the best possible experience from it. There are some pretty cool additional features coming up as well, but any comments are much appreciated!
11-25-2008, 03:27 AM
Now I am curious...

TripleJ - I'm curious because your Toucharcade user name is TripleJ. This makes me think of a radio station - Tripple J. Are you an Aussie?

Looks like you've made an interesting app. It's certainly something different.
11-25-2008, 03:32 AM
Haha, yeah, I am indeed Aussie (hence the surfboard bg available in the app ) Thank you for the compliment as well. We've got a tonne of really cool ideas for this if it takes off so I'm hoping for peoples support and so far it's been great Can't wait for people to send me some of their creations!

Last edited by TripleJ; 11-25-2008 at 03:55 AM.
11-25-2008, 03:39 AM
Aussies FTW!
11-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Has anyone tried it out yet? I'm dieing to see what people come up with and to get some feedback on the app
11-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Quite Cool! Made a picture for the girlfriend and she loved it She thinks I made it by myself
11-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by silversp00n View Post
Quite Cool! Made a picture for the girlfriend and she loved it She thinks I made it by myself
Anyone else given this a shot or figured different things to do with created characters?