★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tasked by your king to seek out a powerful elixir, you must destroy the Shadow Spires throughout the realm to save the failing kingdom. Using powerful spell cards and cunning strategy destroy your opponents towers- before they do the same to you!

FEATURES

Battles across 3 different realms in your quest for the elixer.
Deck customization through the deck editor.
Over 150 spell cards, including bonus, unlockable boss cards.
Gamecenter integration, with leaderboards and over 20 achievements.
Challenge mode to compete against your friends for top score.
3 difficulty settings.
Free play mode for non-stop battling.
08-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Piqued my interest, like these games. This looks promising with a big card set.
I might take the plunge later.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

08-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Picked this up the other day:

Fantastic game and probably one of the better card combat games on iPhone. Plays in portrait mode (which more games could use) and the cards are all readable without zooming. Game is intuitive and quick to pick up, looks good, sound is great and has a solid challenge mode / high score chase.

Best of all: developer cares and responds to feedback (as they already have on reddit).
08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the support and feedback!
08-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveWD40 View Post
Best of all: developer cares and responds to feedback (as they already have on reddit).
I'm the other guy working on Shadow Spires and I love that someone notices. As always any feedback/suggestions are appreciated.
08-19-2012, 01:24 PM
I just downloaded and played through the campaign for the first time on the normal level. Seems like a fun game that I'm going to have fun dinking around with.

I would appreciate a few thoughts in the help menu on what your vision for each color is (and how they differ), and maybe a few strategy tips to get a new player started.

Other than that though... props! iOS definitely needs more cool games like this. :-D
08-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryseraph View Post
I just downloaded and played through the campaign for the first time on the normal level. Seems like a fun game that I'm going to have fun dinking around with.

I would appreciate a few thoughts in the help menu on what your vision for each color is (and how they differ), and maybe a few strategy tips to get a new player started.

Other than that though... props! iOS definitely needs more cool games like this. :-D
Thank you for downloading the game, and thank you double for the feedback. We'll look into adding another page to the help menu in a future update to clarify theme elements. Part of the reason we didn't do so is because when we add more cards, we did not want to completely throttle the theme of the new cards. Regarding strategy tips, that's a good idea too, and we'll consider implementing that in the next couple of updates. Thanks for playing!

Shadow Spires
Cards. Magic. Towers. Fun.
08-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Hey Toucharcade Peoples,

Based on feedback, we are implementing the following in the upcoming update:

- faster deck editor load times
- graphical tweaks
- card counter bug fixed

New cards will also be added soon. Any additional ideas are always appreciated and considered.

Thanks for your feedback and support!

Shadow Spires
08-25-2012, 08:21 AM
I thought of another suggestion. It would be nice to be able to have multiple decks/builds.
08-26-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
I thought of another suggestion. It would be nice to be able to have multiple decks/builds.
Good idea- we'll look into it for the next couple of updates. Thanks again for the feedback!

Shadow Spires

Last edited by Mana Starved; 08-26-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Add quote