• Publisher: Shaun Inman
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 1.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Guide Flip as he tries to escape a stellar shockwave after the successful rescue of AMI at the end of The Last Rocket! Brake to dodge asteroids, fill your star meter to warp, and earn gems for upgrades to cover greater distances. Can you outrun the sun?

Touch to brake and dodge incoming asteroids but dont delay for too long or the stellar shockwave will overtake Flip! Pluck mini-stars from their asteroid orbit to earn temporary invincibility and jump to warp. Then tap like crazy to extend the warps duration!

INCOMING TRANSMISSIONS

A well-done enjoyable endless runner. Touch Arcade

Gets exponentially better each time you play. Gamezebo

Simple but exciting with plenty of rewards to be had, both in the immediate and in the long term. Jay is Games

The just-one-more-time hook perfectly done TheAppShack

Incredibly challenging compared to other endless runners. AppAdvice

Great to see more adventures for the charming protagonist from The Last Rocket. 148apps

syntheticvoid's comments:

FLIP'S ESCAPE OFFICIAL WEBSITE

Youtube link | Pop Up

FLIP'S ESCAPE SOUNDTRACK ON BANDCAMP
08-15-2012, 10:39 AM
YES!!! Been waiting for this. I'm guessing it's "last as long as you can". Do the upgrades only effect the current game you're playing?

Favorite app of all time - Dungeon Raid

08-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Looks great
08-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Interesting how your character is constantly panning back and forth on its own, but can be stopped.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind
08-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Just watched the video
Like what I see!!
08-15-2012, 10:57 AM
New Shaun Inman game!! Woo!
08-15-2012, 10:58 AM
Please let me know the controls, relative touch or (gulp) tilt ?
08-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Interesting how your character is constantly panning back and forth on its own, but can be stopped.
This is what i noticed. I see touching the screen stops your ship. Seems like a good innovation that sets it apart from other runners. Will have to give it a go when it comes out.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Please let me know the controls, relative touch or (gulp) tilt ?
Yup, like Exact said, it's touch anywhere on the screen to stop.

Your ship constantly moves left+right, and you'll need to stop the ship to not run into asteroids and to collect stars. Once you build up your star gauge, you go into warp mode, and you need to tap on the screen as quick as you can to boost up your warp speed (up to 4 levels), and collect gems (during the warp) - there are IAPs for gems, and a shop where you can either upgrade your minimum speed, slow down your maximum speed, purchase consumables; Nose Cone Drill which lets you survive one asteroid collision, and Star Magnets, which lets you collect 5 missed stars. You can also purchase Friends which help you gain more gems (The Fare, who gives you 1 gem for every 10 light years traveled), or add to your consumable item storage (The Trailer - tripple storage capacity) - There are also 2 extra hulls, both costing a considerable amount of gems (200,000 and 300,000) but not adding any stats, they're just cosmetic.

The IAPs are;

15,000 for $0.99
50,000 for $1.99
150,000 for $2.99
500,000 for $4.99

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass
08-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This is what i noticed. I see touching the screen stops your ship. Seems like a good innovation that sets it apart from other runners. Will have to give it a go when it comes out.
Well if you played the Last Rocket, you would know the controls. It has no tilt. You use taps and holds. One of the best puzzle platformers out there, TA rated it 5 stars and I fully agree. Judging by video, this probably has same controls