★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Does a paid game with IAPs affect your decision to try it?

View Poll Results: Does a paid game with IAPs affect your decision to try it?
Yes! I refuse to pay for a game that has any IAPs 3 6.98%
Maybe, I worry the game wont be complete without buying the IAPs 24 55.81%
Maybe, depends on the price of the game 6 13.95%
No, I don't have to pay for the IAPs if I don't want to 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll
08-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Does a paid game with IAPs affect your decision to try it?

Hey guys, just curious how much of an affect IAPs (in-app purchases) have on paid games.

Last edited by RodGreen; 08-15-2012 at 05:13 PM.
08-15-2012, 05:06 PM
Voted for number 2. The option 4 is pretty weird though. You can't simply decide that you won't buy IAPs before you even download a game (because IAPs are necessary in some games). Option 4 should be more like: "No. I don't mind IAPs in paid apps" or something like that.

08-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodGreen View Post
Hey guys, just curious how much of an affect IAPs (in-app purchases) have on paid games.
I really think people need to be specific about what KIND of IAP is in the game. If it's just some sort of cheat feature that's one thing, if you have to buy the second half of the game it's another.
08-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
Voted for number 2. The option 4 is pretty weird though. You can't simply decide that you won't buy IAPs before you even download a game (because IAPs are necessary in some games). Option 4 should be more like: "No. I don't mind IAPs in paid apps" or something like that.
Well i thought that was covered with option 2? I mean there's the extremes right.... like "hell no!" and "hell yes!" - so if you really don't care (i.e. yes you would buy regardless) I assume that's because you don't feel like IAPs are something you have to consider or worry about? Not that you wont buy but there's nothing that forces you to pay for it.

If you did then it would be a maybe?

Otherwise you're experience might be different whereby in the past you've been burnt.. so that would then put you into a maybe.
08-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegly View Post
I really think people need to be specific about what KIND of IAP is in the game. If it's just some sort of cheat feature that's one thing, if you have to buy the second half of the game it's another.
That's a good point. But as it stands there's no way to define a 'type' of IAP. You can as users see the description of the game - however I don't think most people take the time?

Anyone know if I can I edit the poll in anyway?
08-15-2012, 05:20 PM
No its good. This poll only asks if you get turned away when seeing a paid game with IAPs, but perhaps you could say how much the game costs.
08-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Option 2. Always depends on what the iaps, are.
08-15-2012, 06:50 PM
I buy IAP expansion packs if it adds extra value to the game. Like IAP of Ascension, Galaxy on Fire and others.

I will never buy cheat IAP and IAP credits.
08-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koyut View Post
I buy IAP expansion packs if it adds extra value to the game. Like IAP of Ascension, Galaxy on Fire and others.

I will never buy cheat IAP and IAP credits.
LOL, considering the initial question, it almost sounds like you prefer the IAP you have to buy and seek out games that are only half there at purchase. The question is about initially buying a game, not about whether you are a sucker for the IAP afterwards.
08-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegly View Post
LOL, considering the initial question, it almost sounds like you prefer the IAP you have to buy and seek out games that are only half there at purchase. The question is about initially buying a game, not about whether you are a sucker for the IAP afterwards.
My bad, I should rephrase my answer.

Games that have IAPs make me think twice before choosing to purchase the game.