★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pebble Universe $.99 --> FREE

08-16-2012, 12:50 AM
#1
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Louisville
Posts: 840
Pebble Universe $.99 --> FREE


ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.
08-16-2012, 01:09 AM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Great game, got this when it first came out, and it is solid puzzle game. You basically roll little furballs together to hit and they explode to hit the baddies.

The only think I don't like is it is so obviously non retina on my new ipad that it dampens the game a bit. Really wish they would come out with a retina upgrade soon.

But highly recommended nonetheless!

Edit: update just came out! Graphics got much better. But still not ipad retina. So at least it did get a little better graphics wise.

Last edited by Connector; 08-16-2012 at 02:31 AM.

08-16-2012, 10:30 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 473
There is a "unlock the game" iAP, so is the game really free or they made it free with unlock iAP to get some attention?

Favorites: The Quest Gold + expansions, Mission Europa Collectors Edition, Ascension, Jet Car Stunts 2, Junk Jack X, King of Dragon Pass, Kingturn series, Mecho Wars HD, Mini Dash, Mos Speedrun, Ravenmark, Sonic series, Fall of Angels, Highborn, Solomon’s Keep / Boneyard, pixel art games, remakes and ports of classic games.
08-16-2012, 10:41 AM
#4
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunlock View Post
There is a "unlock the game" iAP, so is the game really free or they made it free with unlock iAP to get some attention?
If you go to the developer's website, they say, "Finally! We have now released the big update for Pebble Universe. It contains a BRAND NEW WORLD. It is for iOS AND Android. It is FREE to download and to play the 25 first levels. Pebble Universe has grown…
08-16-2012, 02:14 PM
#5
so not really free then, they've just gone the route of Catch the Candy?

oh well, it looks decent, i'll give it a shot, if I like it I'll buy the full version.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
08-16-2012, 03:30 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden, Göteborg
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Great game, got this when it first came out, and it is solid puzzle game. You basically roll little furballs together to hit and they explode to hit the baddies.

The only think I don't like is it is so obviously non retina on my new ipad that it dampens the game a bit. Really wish they would come out with a retina upgrade soon.

But highly recommended nonetheless!

Edit: update just came out! Graphics got much better. But still not ipad retina. So at least it did get a little better graphics wise.
Glad you like our game

Retina would be lovely, just need a good amount of people buying the game so we can afford to do it.

Mattias Granat (Itatake)
08-16-2012, 03:35 PM
#7
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden, Göteborg
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
so not really free then, they've just gone the route of Catch the Candy?

oh well, it looks decent, i'll give it a shot, if I like it I'll buy the full version.
Hope you like Pebble Universe, Filing Cabinet

We're giving away the whole first world (25 levels) and 3 bonus levels in the Flowerpark world, pretty nice deal for the price of nothing

Mattias Granat
(Itatake)
08-16-2012, 04:27 PM
#8
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itatake View Post
Hope you like Pebble Universe, Filing Cabinet

We're giving away the whole first world (25 levels) and 3 bonus levels in the Flowerpark world, pretty nice deal for the price of nothing

Mattias Granat
(Itatake)
I'm really confused. Since I bought the game a long time ago, does this mean I can't play the other levels without an inapp purchase?

I sure hope not. This has happened before where I have bought games with like 100 levels, and then after the update, can only play 25 or so, so basically the game is a lite version.

I hope if you went the route to make it inapp to play higher levels, us early adopters wouldn't have to pay for the inapp. Or at least make the inapp for us for only the new world.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting other people's posts here, but if your company is going the route of making our paid versions basically lite versions with inapps, it is screwed up, and you will have a lot of angry customers.

I just hope this is all a misunderstanding. It's one thing if a game I bought earlier goes free, but if a game basically gets changed to an inapp lite version, it really really sucks.
08-16-2012, 04:35 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I'm really confused. Since I bought the game a long time ago, does this mean I can't play the other levels without an inapp purchase?

I sure hope not. This has happened before where I have bought games with like 100 levels, and then after the update, can only play 25 or so, so basically the game is a lite version.

I hope if you went the route to make it inapp to play higher levels, us early adopters wouldn't have to pay for the inapp. Or at least make the inapp for us for only the new world.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting other people's posts here, but if your company is going the route of making our paid versions basically lite versions with inapps, it is screwed up, and you will have a lot of angry customers.

I just hope this is all a misunderstanding. It's one thing if a game I bought earlier goes free, but if a game basically gets changed to an inapp lite version, it really really sucks.
I guess it's the same with Tilt to Live HD the game has gone free but you have to unlock the full game through IAP
08-16-2012, 04:36 PM
#10
Joined: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,520
Can any other early adopter confirm if we can play past level 25 now? I've only made it to level 11, and I really don't want to make it past 25 levels, cause I sure the hell will demand a full refund from Apple for giving me an inapp lite version. But if any of you were early adopters and have played past level 25, please let us know, hope this is just a misunderstanding.