Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-16-2012, 01:34 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsaku View Post
So there's a patch for the iPod Touch 4th Gen but you still say that it's still unsupported. 😁 So what I'm asking is after the patch is released, will it be playable onthe iPod Touch 4th Gen?
This is what Fishlabs did to Galaxy On Fire 2 HD. Just like Horn, that game is ONLY playable on newer devices (iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and iPad 3), but due to the Apple requirements a lot of people downloaded the game even while using an iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4, iPod Touch 3, etc and they were complaining a lot in the iTunes page, so Fishlabs "fixed" the crashing problems in these devices, but the game is still unplayable in those devices with almost constant framerate drops because the game was made to newer devices.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:41 PM

Colour me impressed so far. Seems like a winner from what I've played. Of course, dial down your expectations if you are expecting Zelda.

Game got a nice review from IGN. Sorry if already posted.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/16/horn-ios-review

9/10
Old 08-16-2012, 01:52 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Surprised..

I thought this was suppose to be F2P to begin with as stated on their press release..Or is there going to be a freemium version like DM??With all the talk of Freemium as the future of gaming on their previous statement,what happened to the surprising and sudden change??(not that im complaining)...Just want answers..
Old 08-16-2012, 02:00 PM
iPad 2

Fun video of Austin recording the soundtrack for Horn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-zz344H448
Old 08-16-2012, 02:05 PM

I like the conversations between you and the pygon's head. It has the comedy that dark meadow had, and I really like that.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:07 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I didn't like infinity blade but this looks AMAZING!!!! shame I only have 2 dollars left...

Wait this doesn't run on iPod?? Crap...
Old 08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

well i'm not sure is this is "ok" but here it goes is there any problem i edit the post.

For those that hate the zynga logo on the icon well with a little photoshop here is the icon without the logo you and you can change it without jailbreak opening the ipa with winrar or any type of program like that and placing the new icon in the correct location it can also be done with iexplorer, diskaid and if you have jailbreak more easy with winterboard

http://i46.tinypic.com/2akcva.png
Old 08-16-2012, 02:17 PM

>>So there's a patch for the iPod Touch 4th Gen but you still say that it's still unsupported. So what I'm asking is after the patch is released, will it be playable onthe iPod Touch 4th Gen?<<

Early crash aside on Touch4, yes it works, but it is unsupported because it is much lower graphics, etc. We don't want people to pay and download the game and expect the same experience and be mad about it, so we'd rather not have them spend money and be disappointed.

But it does work, and I just personally confirmed I could get a couple hours into the game on iTouch4 on patched version (not version in the store) .

>>In any case, still hope that further optimization allows support for the 3GS in the future.<<

My phone is a 3GS so I sympathize! The game just doesn’t run on 3GS, almost like getting a 360 game to work on a DS. It does work in isolated test areas, so we will continue to look into though.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:32 PM
iPad mini 2

What a great looking game. And good story with tons of personality.

Unfortunately I really despise the touch-to-move controls, especially in a 3D game. They are really bad here at times. Even though the rest works like a charm.

An easy fix would be to make a button for running. You turn the camera anyways, so why not simple have one button to make Horn run?

Last edited by Leegames; 08-16-2012 at 02:37 PM..
Old 08-16-2012, 02:37 PM

>>An easy fix would be to make a button for running. You turn the camera anyways, so why not simple have one button to make Horn run?<<

that is something we have discussed but didn't have time to get to. We also discussed tap to go where you want, but press and hold would allow you to just run forward and stop on release. We are looking into something like this for a future patch (not first one though)