Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-18-2012, 02:48 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
Sorry, I saw the reply a few pages back and was just about to get to it. You're right that other fantastic games on the market and soon to be on the market have done some outstanding things however, we are already pushing the device really hard as it is on our end and so extra additions (like cloth) would bog down the game.

Don't forget though, we were ios devs first (which is why android version still isn't out), we all own and play tons and tons of ios games. We would never give the platform a sub par version or one that we weren't completely happy with.
Fair enough, fair enough. Still a little confused as to why android gets these extra cloth physics, but I'll take your word for it, framerate is far more important to me than some extra effects.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:49 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Sorry, I saw the reply a few pages back and was just about to get to it. You're right that other fantastic games on the market and soon to be on the market have done some outstanding things however, we are already pushing the device really hard as it is on our end and so extra additions (like cloth) would bog down the game.

Don't forget though, we were ios devs first (which is why android version still isn't out), we all own and play tons and tons of ios games. We would never give the platform a sub par version or one that we weren't completely happy with.
So you mean that cloth animations etc. will ruin the game experience on an iPad3 but it will be okay for Tegra 3 devices??????
Old 08-18-2012, 02:50 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
So you mean that cloth animations etc. will ruin the game experience on an iPad3 but it be okey for Tegra 3 devices??????
That was what I was thinking. If anything iPad 3 should be getting extra effects, seeing as how the GPU smashed the tegra 3. We don't need full retina, in fact I don't want retina, but the gpu power going to extra effects and framerate. Gameloft hopefully learned that after NOVA 3, I wish other devs would follow suit or at least give us a toggle for it like GL (for once) so kindly did.

Last edited by JBRUU; 08-18-2012 at 02:53 PM..
Old 08-18-2012, 02:53 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Sorry I answered a few pages back but it must have gotten burried. Officially we do not support the iPod. We have a patch in apple's hands that will improve the performance on iPod 4 but we will still not officially support it. We want people to get the best experience possible with our game and while it will run (we have done quite a bit of work to even get it that far) we don't want to give people the false expectation that it will look as good as the iPad 2/3 and iPhone 4s versions.

Hope this helps.

Its ok. Touch owners will just spend the money slotted for this game on something else.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:53 PM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironsam80 View Post
So you mean that cloth animations etc. will ruin the game experience on an iPad3 but it will be okay for Tegra 3 devices??????

iPad 3 has an incredibly high resolution screen which is a bit performance hit and nvidia knows physics so tegra works out of the box easily with it.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:55 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
iPad 3 has an incredibly high resolution screen which is a bit performance hit and nvidia knows physics so tegra works out of the box easily with it.
Could you consider giving us iPad 3 owners an option in a future update to run in a lower resolution but with all effects, or in higher res with disabled effects, like Gameloft did with NOVA 3? That way we would all be happy (because we're all whining about cloth physics, lol)
Old 08-18-2012, 02:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
I know i know... This is what i was waiting when i first hear about the resolution on the new iPad... Anyway your game looks really AWESOME on my iPad... Just get little bit unhappy when i hear that i have the most powerful touch tablet and i cannot play some games at full effects etc. because of Apple decision to put such a huge resolution and give there so much horsepower.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

How is the performance on the iPhone 4? And how much of a graphics reduction is here compared to the 4S?
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Its ok. Touch owners will just spend the money slotted for this game on something else.
Shame how they're limiting the market for the game. Surely they could downgrade the graphics enough to make it run.
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Could you consider giving us iPad 3 owners an option in a future update to run in a lower resolution but with all effects, or in higher res with disabled effects, like Gameloft did with NOVA 3? That way we would all be happy (because we're all whining about cloth physics, lol)
That is a great point about nova. I will bring it up to team.