Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzo View Post
Honestly, I didn't expect anything good from Zynga.
Zynga are the publishers, not the developers.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:26 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Default Game Impressions

Finally started playing this game last week. My initial impressions were that it is a beautiful game to look at with a very nice soundtrack that really helps to involve the player. The voice acting is top class and the writing is very humorous. Particularly the interactions between Horn and Gourd. The journal entries scattered around the landscape give a great background to the story and the characters and really help to immerse the player in the story. The only small downsides were the unresponsive controls and the reliance on collecting 'cores' to forge and upgrade weapons and buy health potions. That was until I got to Westernese. The difficulty spike is so great that the little downsides became huge. The creatures become so much tougher to defeat that the dodgy controls really become a pain. After getting this far the only way I feel I can progress is to go back and grind through earlier levels to get the cores I need to upgrade weapons and buy the potions that are absolutely necessary to progress or drop some real money on IAP's to buy what I need.

This is where the Zynga influence becomes far too noticeable to be ignored. I don't have time for grinding (too many other games to be played) and I am not willing to buy IAP in a game I have already paid a relatively high price for. It's a pity because I had really been enjoying the game but I feel I have hit a paywall and the constant prompts at IAP when I can't defeat a particular enemy have become a real annoyance. I am amazed that more people don't appear to be having these issues. I must be a crap gamer

Unfortunately the game will now be deleted to make room for other premium titles that don't rely on IAP. And thankfully there are a lot more of them coming out these days.

To sum up Horn had the makings of being a wonderful game if Zynga hadn't been allowed to get their grubby hands on it Very unfortunate.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:22 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but does this game support icloud?
Old 05-18-2013, 11:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooro View Post
Finally started playing this game last week. My initial impressions were that it is a beautiful game to look at with a very nice soundtrack that really helps to involve the player. The voice acting is top class and the writing is very humorous. Particularly the interactions between Horn and Gourd. The journal entries scattered around the landscape give a great background to the story and the characters and really help to immerse the player in the story. The only small downsides were the unresponsive controls and the reliance on collecting 'cores' to forge and upgrade weapons and buy health potions. That was until I got to Westernese. The difficulty spike is so great that the little downsides became huge. The creatures become so much tougher to defeat that the dodgy controls really become a pain. After getting this far the only way I feel I can progress is to go back and grind through earlier levels to get the cores I need to upgrade weapons and buy the potions that are absolutely necessary to progress or drop some real money on IAP's to buy what I need.

This is where the Zynga influence becomes far too noticeable to be ignored. I don't have time for grinding (too many other games to be played) and I am not willing to buy IAP in a game I have already paid a relatively high price for. It's a pity because I had really been enjoying the game but I feel I have hit a paywall and the constant prompts at IAP when I can't defeat a particular enemy have become a real annoyance. I am amazed that more people don't appear to be having these issues. I must be a crap gamer

Unfortunately the game will now be deleted to make room for other premium titles that don't rely on IAP. And thankfully there are a lot more of them coming out these days.

To sum up Horn had the makings of being a wonderful game if Zynga hadn't been allowed to get their grubby hands on it Very unfortunate.
I finished the game WITHOUT any IAPs. I guess it does get a bit difficult unless youve learned the way the monsters move and react to your moves. That didnt make IAP anywhere near required for me though. I've dealt with difficult games before, and this isnt even one of them.

I guess it may demand some IAP to those who are a bit more casual with games.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I have just encountered a fatal bug in quest mode. I get a black screen and hear sound effects, but it won't budge. I've tried closing the app and resetting my iPod 5, but every time I try to get into quest mode I get the same black screen. Sucks because I was at level 70. This game is pretty cool, and I have been dealing with frustrating bugs anyway (getting stuck, chests that won't open or don't give rewards, nerfed survival mode awards) but now I'm just frustrated.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:28 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooro View Post

This game can be completed without inapps an grind. It's difficulty properly balanced, just learn how to play.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I just started playing this game on Thursday, and I am absolutely loving it! This is a AAA quality game. One of the few actual "console-like" titles I've played on my iPad.

I was worried about it being published by Zynga and IAPs, but my worries have been quelled. You can grind out the in-game currencies pretty easily if you want to unlock everything (hint: go for luck gear), but all of the fights in the game are learnable, so you could clear the story mode without ever upgrading anything, if that's your bag.

I don't know where other people are having issues with the controls. I haven't had a single problem on my iPad 2. Like, none at all. This game has one of the most responsive touch screen control setups I've ever experienced. Probably the most. It's been flawless for me.

Overall, despite having the Zynga name attached to it, this game is one of the "absolute must haves" when it comes to iOS gaming. Graphics, story, gameplay, controls, music, voice acting, replayability... All top notch.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:47 PM

How much space does this really take up on iPhone?
Old 08-31-2013, 05:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpalazzo7 View Post
How much space does this really take up on iPhone?
^This is your third post with the exact same copy-pasted question. ALL 3 of your posts, the exact same thing.

I wont be surprised if this could be a bot.

Horn is 2.0gb installed.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
^This is your third post with the exact same copy-pasted question. ALL 3 of your posts, the exact same thing.

I wont be surprised if this could be a bot.

Horn is 2.0gb installed.
Nah man this ain't a bot, my phone is only 16gb and I don't wanna buy a game that takes up more space than I can handle