★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Are there any one touch platformers out there? (not Canabalts)

08-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Are there any one touch platformers out there? (not Canabalts)

By one touch platformers I mean where you have to touch anywhere so that stuff happens

The obvious suspects are runners like Canabalt where you just control the timing of your jump

But are there any other mechanics?

Doing some marketing research, trying to find similar games if there are any to our upcoming Rbots game:

Youtube link | Pop Up

What we have is that you touch anywhere to activate magnets. And then it becomes still a timing game, but you can control your momentum and direction. Then a hardcore mode where you have to touch each magnet individually to activate it.

-> it's now out at http://itunes.apple.com/app/rbots/id545961104

Does anyone know other mechanics so we don't sound arrogant in marketing messages?

Last edited by tinyBuild; 08-22-2012 at 06:07 AM.
08-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Very clever. It looks like a runner, but the things that make your character run can be turned on or off to make him do the actions in the game, in effect giving it a platformer feel.

The only one-touch runners i consider to be platformers as well are Zombie Parkour Runner and Gravity Guy, but those arent close to RBots in terms of the platformer part.

RBots looks good and it is very interesting indeed.

EDIT: I looked for RBots on the appstore but it isnt out yet? Also i noticed on the video that the video itself was not out to the public yet, but it says on the video "now on the appstore". Also, since we're touching different magnets, im not sure if that still counts as one-touch. I thought one-touch was used to mean touch-anywhere.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 08-16-2012 at 12:15 PM.

08-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Chop Chop Ninja is a great one with tap controls but your seems to be quite a different experience. Good luck.
08-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Pig Rush is pretty good. The difficulty curves up a bit too fast for me but it's really fun regardless.

i'm a pretty kitty cat
08-16-2012, 01:13 PM
I deleted it from my device due to to space issues (like the fact that it keeps expanding as you progress). But isn't Mega Run one touch? It's a runner, but definately has more platforming characteristics than others in the genre.
08-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Project 83113?
08-16-2012, 01:47 PM
yeah... Mega Run is one-touch and one of the more platformy runners like Zombie Parkour Runner and Gravity Guy, but Gravity Guy still is pretty unique too.

Anyways, im sure RBots will be instabuy for me. I like how the game looks and how it plays so yeah... Will buy it when it comes out.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Chillingo has a one touch platformer coming out next week. It's called One Tap Hero.

They published another one touch platformer called 'This Could Hurt'.

I enjoy 'This Could Hurt' and will definitely be picking up 'One Tap Hero'.

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!
08-16-2012, 03:33 PM
ChocoRun?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
08-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Anyways, im sure RBots will be instabuy for me. I like how the game looks and how it plays so yeah... Will buy it when it comes out.
Same here. Could you give us a timeframe of when it might be out, tinyBuild?