★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Arson & Plunder is a 2D arcade/beat'em up adventure based on the genre classics of the 90's. The classic gameplay has been brought up to speed with the latest developments and trends and is now available on your mobile Apple end devices! In typical beat'em up style, playing an orc or elf you wade through hordes of enemies out to kill you.

The game features beautiful 2D visuals, interactive scenarios and a humorous story. Your objective in Arson & Plunder is to survive over 25 different missions in five difficulty levels. While playing you can always switch between being an orc or an elf. This element make the game especially dynamic. The controls are always intuitive and help you to carve your way through an adventure bursting with humor and action.

FEATURES:
Switch your character any time you like
2D comic art style
5 difficulty levels
Over 25 missions
Challenging boss fights
Link to Game Center with Achievements and Leaderboards
Link to Facebook

Echoseven's comments:

Lite Version: https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/arson-plunder-hd-free/id576693018

12-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Looks good. Like a medieval double dragon. I'll try this later

12-12-2012, 03:24 PM
OOOH whats this.
12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Hmmm...Mighty Wardens tried but didn't do that great if a job of being a Castle Crashers type game. Could this be the iOS game that gets it?
12-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Tried out the Lite. Really like the music and the game's just a simple fun hack 'n' slash/brawler with a lot of personality. The problem for me is that the gameplay's just generally stiff...the combination of moving/attacking isn't really fluid and it takes away from the experience. I hope everyone tries out the lite before buying.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
12-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Tried out the Lite. Really like the music and the game's just a simple fun hack 'n' slash/brawler with a lot of personality. The problem for me is that the gameplay's just generally stiff...the combination of moving/attacking isn't really fluid and it takes away from the experience. I hope everyone tries out the lite before buying.
Yeah, it's rare to see lite versions these days, so I'll take advantage of it before I buy.
12-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
It's also a sad thing.
How is having a lite/demo version to try out before you splash the cash "a sad thing"?
12-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defred34 View Post
How is having a lite/demo version to try out before you splash the cash "a sad thing"?
I think he meant its sad that we don't see more lite versions.
12-13-2012, 06:29 AM
Anyone else try this? Downloaded the lite version and, at least on my 3GS, the screen orientation is messed up. It stays vertical even though it's meant to be horizontal. And even after trying to press all over the screen since the touch mapping is then wrong, I can't get past the menu (have gotten into the options screen).

Wondering if this is an issue with the lite version or a problem with the 3GS or just a problem in general?
12-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Anyone else try this? Downloaded the lite version and, at least on my 3GS, the screen orientation is messed up. It stays vertical even though it's meant to be horizontal. And even after trying to press all over the screen since the touch mapping is then wrong, I can't get past the menu (have gotten into the options screen).

Wondering if this is an issue with the lite version or a problem with the 3GS or just a problem in general?
Hi! I'm from the development team of the game. We are aware of the issue that only occurs on pre-iOS 6 devices. We have already sent an update that will solve this issue as soon as Apple approves the update

Ninja Fever game development. Follow us on Twitter!

iOS Games: Arson & Plunder HD (new!)