★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

One Epic Knight- Developer Thread

08-16-2012, 05:48 PM
One Epic Knight- Developer Thread

Simutronics is proud to announce our latest creation:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Title_Loading.PNG
Views:	3
Size:	647.9 KB
ID:	46105

Are you looking for a game that leaves you feeling EPIC? Look no further than this all-new take on the endless run genre!

Dive into an endless dungeon of crazy traps, chasms and creatures in pursuit of almighty loot! There's plenty to find, but one misstep and it's all over.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Features
  • Endless game play that becomes increasingly crazy as you go!
  • Simple swipe controls!
  • Upgrade your Epicness with power-ups, potions and outfits
  • Hilarious play-by-plays from the Epic Knight himself!
  • Don't just dodge danger- crash through obstacles and creatures!
  • Full Retina Resolution support!
  • Tons of Achievements!
  • Game Center Support!

Click image for larger version

Name:	title.png
Views:	1
Size:	510.3 KB
ID:	46106

The creators of OEK invite you to ask us questions about the game's development cycle, its game play, life at Simutronics, or anything else you might be curious about! We'll be checking this thread regularly and are eager to start a dialogue with the community about our latest game. One Epic Knight is available for download in the App Store on August 23rd!
08-16-2012, 05:56 PM
It would really nice to have a good Temple Run style game that is not balanced for IAP and I would gladly pay for it. Your game looks quite attractive and I love that it features swipe, and not tilt, controls. So the big question is whether your game is freemium or not.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

08-16-2012, 06:40 PM
I can safely say, slewis7, that the game is not balanced for IAP. Purchases are there to enhance a player's experience, but are by no means required.

We also got a nice little blurb from a previewer who writes to that end, "Also, I am quite happy to say that the developers don't abuse in-app purchases – they’re there if you want them, but they are totally not necessary to enjoy the game."

That preview can be found here.

-Andrew, Simutronics Game Designer
08-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Aw, gotta wait another week? Oh well, I will live in happy expectation. This game does look pretty neat.

Gamecenter Id: Mr. Grizzly II
08-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Trust me, Grizzly, over at Simu we're living in happy expectation, too. We're incredibly excited to unleash the Epic Knight's meat-fueled mayhem into the world.
08-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Looking forward to another good-looking addition to my runner library.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Wow, this game looks insane!!!
Love it

Game source code for PC, Mac, Linux and iOS here.
08-17-2012, 10:32 AM
It's really cool to see that folks are tinkering with and coming up with fun, new riffs on the Temple Run formula, rather than merely copy and pasting something onto the App Store. Look forward to checking it out.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.
08-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyogi View Post
I can safely say, slewis7, that the game is not balanced for IAP. Purchases are there to enhance a player's experience, but are by no means required.

We also got a nice little blurb from a previewer who writes to that end, "Also, I am quite happy to say that the developers don't abuse in-app purchases – they’re there if you want them, but they are totally not necessary to enjoy the game."

That preview can be found here.

-Andrew, Simutronics Game Designer
Thanks for the response. So will this be a paid game?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
08-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Thanks for the response. So will this be a paid game?
Not at all - One Epic Knight will be free.

Last edited by Kiyogi; 08-17-2012 at 01:08 PM.