★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Hi TA forum! My brother and I just launched our new game.

08-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Hi TA forum! My brother and I just launched our new game.

Hey TouchArcade forum! After 8 months of sleepless nights, we've finished work on our new game, Count to a Billion, "Ridiculously intense arcade action." We'd love it if you could have a look.

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuFPi5dv4u0

Objective: 90 seconds to try and score billions and billions of points by multi-taping and swiping as fast and precise as possible.

But it's not a frenetic, mindless button masher. It's a test of reflexes, technique, endurance and certainly speed.

We have plans of holding tournaments in the future. Since the game is pretty hard to get the really high billions, I think the game really lends itself to competitive play. So far, the highest score on Game Center is 61 Billion!

We designed over 60 challenges for which you earn some pretty cool awards. Then we added a deep halo-style voice commentator that announces the award you just won. Fun stuff.

Here's the iTunes Link:
http://bit.ly/CountToABillion

I'd love to hear what you guys think. It's still version 1.0, and there's so much work to be done. We have big plans for future updates and your feedback will shape those updates.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Red1; 08-21-2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Update, 4 Promo left
08-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

08-17-2012, 11:58 AM
[Unfounded insult removed.]

Last edited by Red1; 08-21-2012 at 03:38 AM.
08-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Ahahahah, I love the promo video, good PowerThirst+RatherGood influence there. But is what Blown454 said true? Fake accounts for ratings and made up review quotes? Always better to be an honest dev...
08-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Well it did get a review from Appspy, so it must be at least decent

GC- banger1103
08-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown454 View Post
SCAM with 25+ shill accounts rating 5 stars, you may have put 8 minutes into this scam, but surely it didn't take you 8 months for such amateur hour content did it???!!!

BTW, I know Annie from Revision3 quite well, and needless to say she has never even heard of 'Count to a billion', you might want to rethink who you fabricate fake quotes up on as some might actually know them!
Hi. Here's the video where Annie said that quote [minute 5:18]: http://youtu.be/I6BSVBX9S8M

We actually got in contact with her directly. I guess you don't know Annie that well

I really don't know why you would think we have fake reviews. Friends and family have written reviews for sure, but we have reviews from Denmark, UK, Australia, Guatemala and US.

And yes, took us 8 months. We used COCOS2D and partnered up with Y-Combinator backed Kamcord to implement some neat video recording tech, that added about a month and a half of development. The app was also redesigned a few times for polish (as tends to happen to many app devs).
08-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pddro View Post
Hi. Here's the video where Annie said that quote [minute 5:18]: http://youtu.be/I6BSVBX9S8M

We actually got in contact with her directly. I guess you don't know Annie that well

I really don't know why you would think we have fake reviews. Friends and family have written reviews for sure, but we have reviews from Denmark, UK, Australia, Guatemala and US.

And yes, took us 8 months. We used COCOS2D and partnered up with Y-Combinator backed Kamcord to implement some neat video recording tech, that added about a month and a half of development. The app was also redesigned a few times for polish (as tends to happen to many app devs).
Good to know. And to the other person, please don't make baseless accusations.

GC- banger1103
08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistantJ View Post
Ahahahah, I love the promo video, good PowerThirst+RatherGood influence there. But is what Blown454 said true? Fake accounts for ratings and made up review quotes? Always better to be an honest dev...
Glad you like the video!!

All genuine reviews as far as I know. They originate from many countries so far, so I doubt they're fake.
08-17-2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger1103 View Post
Good to know. And to the other person, please don't make baseless accusations.
Thank you
08-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Are you considering popping this one on Android too? My girlfriend would love this, but she uses an Xperia U.