★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Do you have what it takes to become a legendary Powered hero?

In "Heroes Rise," Powered heroes have become the ultimate celebrities, and you dream of joining the A-Listbut to get there, you'll first have to take down evil Powered gangs, compete with deadly rivals, choose a worthy sidekick, team up with famous champions, and prove to all of Millennia City that you're a true hero.

"Heroes Rise: The Prodigy" is an interactive novel where you control the main character. In each chapter, your choices determine how the story proceeds.

Will you play as male or female? Gay or straight? Crusade for justice, or gun for money? Will you work as a team with the world-famous Millennial Group, or will you steal their spotlight?

How high will your hero rise?
08-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Meh. Would have to be superbly written and engaging to interest me.

08-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Anyone have played it because it kinda seem a.) Overpriced (if you compare it with Games from Tin Man Games and b.) like one of those Tutorial you can find on some Developer Forum Websites.
08-17-2012, 12:24 PM
There's a 4/5 review on the front page if anyone's interested.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-17-2012, 01:24 PM
I almost bought this on a whim but stopped. Am curious too how much content/quality etc..
08-17-2012, 01:36 PM
I'm curious about this just based on the lack of Super Hero RPGs on the market (no, I don't count Glu's all but abandoned Hero Project).
08-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Meh. Would have to be superbly written and engaging to interest me.
How will you know of you don't read it? Plus, according to the TA review, it's very well written.
08-17-2012, 07:26 PM
I think I'll give this one a try.

08-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
I think I'll give this one a try.
Please post impressions after

GC- banger1103
08-17-2012, 08:42 PM
So far I'm really enjoying this. It's very simplistic look places more importance on the story and adventure, which is the core mechanic anyway. And along those lines, it is not half bad. The story is alright, but the characters really bring it to life. I've only made it a few chapters in, but I can't wait to keep reading on. I had too much fun deciding on a name and hero moniker, plus the game's options for creating a truly original character add some more fun.

The premise of the story reminds me somewhat of the lame movie Sky High. Not to say that this is a bad story (the clich: Your parents were famous heroes blah blah). It takes place in a city where 1/3 of people are born with powers. You discover some of your own powers on the way, and can choose how you use them. I don't want to spoiler the story, especially since it revolves around one's choices, so I'll leave it at that.

I'm fairly impressed with this though, and am considering picking up their zombie survival story game.