★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Im enjoying this very much, yes the interface is barren, specially compared with that of tin man games but its a very well written choice your own adventure type of game.

So far ive spent about an hour in and the decisions ive made havent left me in a good situation but its been really engaging.

I would easily recomend this title but lets take into account that I enjoy this type of game and have enjoyed past Choice of Games adventures so if you fit with that description dont doubt about the quality of the story on this one.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
08-18-2012, 07:31 AM
I just finish the game and Im like WOW.

This is actually a superbly written masterpiece. Dont be fooled by the icon and home page. The story actually is very real and dark. If you like movies like Watchmen and te Dark Knight series rather than all the colorful ones like Avengers an the like, this is DEFINITELY for you.
08-18-2012, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxiccheese View Post
How will you know of you don't read it? Plus, according to the TA review, it's very well written.
I stopped reading Reviews when the Industry began to pay for them or demand to put Buzz Words into those (Gamespot/IGN/...) or even asked to let People get fired if they wrote the truth (Gamespot).

Please don`t take it the wrong Way:

I am not jumping on the Buy Train this Time because we have seen many Tin Man Games in the past Months that did showed clearly how a Game Book should be done and this so far looked on the Screenshots more like something I could have coded in HTML5 then something worth the Price.
08-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
I stopped reading Reviews when the Industry began to pay for them or demand to put Buzz Words into those (Gamespot/IGN/...) or even asked to let People get fired if they wrote the truth (Gamespot).

Please don`t take it the wrong Way:

I am not jumping on the Buy Train this Time because we have seen many Tin Man Games in the past Months that did showed clearly how a Game Book should be done and this so far looked on the Screenshots more like something I could have coded in HTML5 then something worth the Price.
While I agree the Choice of Games interface is nowhere near the Tin Man games they are really solid adventures who center more on story and character development, I actually enjoy more CoG than Tin Man, obviously thats just my opinion but what Im saying is that these games should not be dismissed based on the interface only.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
09-08-2012, 01:43 AM
Well I caved...will post impressions soon after if people want to know, but most other reviews have been positive

GC- banger1103