★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kamazar's very own 360 Overdrive... well, the beginning, at least.

06-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Kamazar's very own 360 Overdrive... well, the beginning, at least.

Ok, so yes, I'm making a game, but the game is just half of what I'm announcing here. I've been a little bummed out at the fact that I can't code, and don't wanna learn how to code, inconsequentially leading to not being able to make games for one of my favorite platforms. Searching through some old threads, I found out the ktfright's using GameSalad to make his D.R.F.T (props to you), and decided to try it out. The great part about this is that I don't have to learn how to code! It's like Game Maker, all drag and drop. So I'm gonna do a totally hip thing and blog about the process. Hopefully, it'll inspire some of you to try it out instead of staring forlornly at your computer screen. I've already written a kinda long entry. The link's in my sig in case I break the web site promoting rule.
06-04-2009, 11:23 PM
I actually was just reading through your blog a minute ago. Game Salad looks like a pretty nifty application...I had always wondered if such things existed

I might have tried it out myself, after reading your post, but unfortunately, I don't have a mac

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

06-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Just for you, Kamazar, I bumped up the iFallout thread again.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
06-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I actually was just reading through your blog a minute ago. Game Salad looks like a pretty nifty application...I had always wondered if such things existed

I might have tried it out myself, after reading your post, but unfortunately, I don't have a mac
It says so on their web site that there's a chance that they'll write a version for Windows, but I don't see Apple being very happy 'bout it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jones View Post
Just for you, Kamazar, I bumped up the iFallout thread again.
Thx Noobs aren't very busy this time of day, though. It's usually during 5th period history :/ around 1:00 ish.
06-05-2009, 01:12 AM
how do you get what you made off of gamesalad into the sdk or whatever

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!
06-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supg328911 View Post
how do you get what you made off of gamesalad into the sdk or whatever
The program compiles all the info and exports it as a .app file. Then you upload it to apple.
06-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
The program compiles all the info and exports it as a .app file. Then you upload it to apple.
ahhh easy enough

DinoSmash online id: *DoMbAv94* (stars included)
I LOVE THE IPOTCH!!!!!!
App reviewer on Appmania!
CarJack Streets Promo Code Giveaway!!!
06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Sounds great Kamazar! Keep us updated!

Plus+: Icewraithe
Tester for: Legion of Amon, 7x SECRET, many more
06-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I love your plans. They sound great, I can't wait to see how the game turns out!

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
06-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Ok, so yes, I'm making a game, but the game is just half of what I'm announcing here. I've been a little bummed out at the fact that I can't code, and don't wanna learn how to code, inconsequentially leading to not being able to make games for one of my favorite platforms. Searching through some old threads, I found out the ktfright's using GameSalad to make his D.R.F.T (props to you), and decided to try it out. The great part about this is that I don't have to learn how to code! It's like Game Maker, all drag and drop. So I'm gonna do a totally hip thing and blog about the process. Hopefully, it'll inspire some of you to try it out instead of staring forlornly at your computer screen. I've already written a kinda long entry. The link's in my sig in case I break the web site promoting rule.
Lazy 14 year old, you should get the full experience and code! :P

Life Is Too Short To Be Wordy