★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dev Question: Apple Payment

06-05-2009, 12:03 AM
#1
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: America
Posts: 1,012
Dev Question: Apple Payment

Hello fellow devs,

I was curious on how long it takes Apple to pay you from the end of the month for your earnings? I don't want speculation, simply personal experiences. I have been reading plenty of stories of developers not being paid for months on end and often insufficient amounts.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
06-05-2009, 12:13 AM
#2
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,151
They generally pay for a month by the end of the next month. Financial reports for May will probably show up mid to end of June, and payment will come shortly thereafter.

Everything varies, of course. March payments were a couple weeks late, but April was right on time again.

06-05-2009, 12:19 AM
#3
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: America
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattylux View Post
They generally pay for a month by the end of the next month. Financial reports for May will probably show up mid to end of June, and payment will come shortly thereafter.

Everything varies, of course. March payments were a couple weeks late, but April was right on time again.
Thanks, Natalia.

I was going to ask if there was a difference if you sold only U.S., but I recall one of your apps being #1 in Italy.

I know it is best to be patient, but is there a way of expediting a payment?

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
06-05-2009, 12:21 AM
#4
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,151
Oh, and this really should fall into the "well, duh" category, but given what I've heard in some other forums:

Do NOT spend or in any way account for your App Store earnings until the money has hit your bank account. Financial reports are usually slightly less than the daily sales, and money does sometimes disappear into the black hole of international money transfers and you need to call multiple people all over the world to recover it.

Captain Obvious, signing off.
06-05-2009, 12:23 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: America
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattylux View Post
Oh, and this really should fall into the "well, duh" category, but given what I've heard in some other forums:

Do NOT spend or in any way account for your App Store earnings until the money has hit your bank account. Financial reports are usually slightly less than the daily sales, and money does sometimes disappear into the black hole of international money transfers and you need to call multiple people all over the world to recover it.

Captain Obvious, signing off.
Thanks for the heads up. Brings up another question: Does Apple send a check or do a direct banking transfer?

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
06-05-2009, 12:26 AM
#6
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,151
You're going to get a wire transfer. And probably a wire transfer fee charged by your bank for every incoming deposit.

Also, payments from the different regions come pretty close together. They usually all hit within a week.

And I've certainly never heard of a way of expediting payments. I very much doubt it can be done, given the other problems people deal with sometimes.

Have fun, Mr. Moneybags
06-05-2009, 12:37 AM
#7
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: America
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattylux View Post
Have fun, Mr. Moneybags
Lol. You know, I thought that being in the Top 25 would make more sales, but they were very close to the amount of sales received prior to even being in the Top 100. Thanks anyways!

I am sure that Harbor Master will be epic!

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
06-05-2009, 12:40 AM
#8
Joined: May 2009
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand
Posts: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jones View Post
Lol. You know, I thought that being in the Top 25 would make more sales, but they were very close to the amount of sales received prior to even being in the Top 100. Thanks anyways!
I hope I am not hearing complaints about being in the top 25!!! You'll end up being the target of a public stoning!

Check out Sheepish, 100+ levels of puzzle fun! With sheep!
And more about us: www.pixelthismobile.com
plus+ id: Newtz
06-05-2009, 12:45 AM
#9
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: America
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelthisMike View Post
I hope I am not hearing complaints about being in the top 25!!! You'll end up being the target of a public stoning!
No no! Not at all. I just don't want to be perceived as the greedy exploiter of the AppStore!

I already had this sent to me from an important figure here at TA

:

Pretty much matches how my life is now.

Game Designer and Producer of Trenches, Evertales, and more!

| Follow me on Twitter or EMAIL ME |
06-05-2009, 12:46 AM
#10
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Jones View Post
Lol. You know, I thought that being in the Top 25 would make more sales, but they were very close to the amount of sales received prior to even being in the Top 100. Thanks anyways!

I am sure that Harbor Master will be epic!
Haha - prior to being in the top 25, you were on your way to the top 25, since it's a multi-day average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelthisMike View Post
I hope I am not hearing complaints about being in the top 25!!! You'll end up being the target of a public stoning!
Yes - that is dangerous business around here