★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: KOTAKU'S GAMING APP OF THE DAY - "The game's makers, however, seem to be in on the game's playful, nonsensical nature. I think."

A storm is brewing, and the stranded critters quake with fear.
But lo! A friendly woodland spirit is here.
It's a bear riding a broom, by Jove!
Sent to rescue them to the Sacred Grove.

- Hand Crafted Fabric Art
- Retina Display
- Game Center Achievements and Leaderboard

Become a fan of Brownie on Facebook:

Follow me on Twitter:

jamiestales's comments:

Brownie on the App Store

Hi everyone, I'm excited to announce my game Brownie: Spirit of the Woods has gone on sale on the App Store for iOS, and I'd love to hear your feedback Brownie was literally hand-made by me; all of the artwork in the game is fabric and stitching that I did by hand, and then took high resolution pictures for use in-game. The gameplay is simple and addictive, using tilt controls to navigate a flying bear on a broom to rescue woodland critters

Thank you all so much for your time, and I look forward to any feedback you have!

~ Jamie
08-18-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm trying hard not to spend any more money on apps this month, but this looks incredibly good.

Okay, I'll bite...
08-18-2012, 12:16 PM
That is one of the coolest (short) dev stories I've read yet. I wish you the best of luck, as I'm sure it wasn't easy to make.

Final Fantasy Tactics -- all day, every day.
08-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I, too, told myself I was going to reign in my spending a little bit. But this kind of skill, dedication, and love deserves my support. I can't help myself, I really appreciate cloth-art games... I'm going for it.
08-18-2012, 07:48 PM

@Platyrrhine: Thanks so much! Let me know what you think
@GeekyDad: Thanks, it was more work than I expected, especially with a 1.5 year old
@aeranth: I really appreciate the support, it means a lot to me!