★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Hiptic
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 115.0 MB
  • Version: 1.11
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: What kind of ninja collects coins or slices fruit? Get ready for the first true Ninja experience on iOS!

Now in HD!! Specially enhanced with crisp ultra-high resolution hand-drawn graphics and animations, perfect for iPad3 users. Runs great on all other iOS devices too!

Also as a special bonus, this HD version includes 15,000 ninja points to get you started!

Avenge your Lord and slice your way through a Demon Samurai Army of 50,000 soldiers using your nimble jumping skills and special Ninja attacks & abilities!

Fast and Brutal Ninja Action!
Easy to pick up controls. You guide the ninja into enemies and he attacks automatically!
Scale rooftops to dispatch hard to reach enemies!
Bust through walls and rooftops to surprise enemies indoors!
Use special abilities:
- Bomb - Blows up all enemies on the screen!
- Hyper Invincible Run - Blast through enemies at super speeds for 4 seconds!
- Barrier Shield - Deflects a fatal blow to your ninja.
Earn Ninja Points for more kills and for completing missions.
Use Ninja Points to unlock new Game Modes, Upgrade Abilities and Costumes.
Unlock Awesome Go Ninja Wallpapers for your mobile device.
Slick HD graphics and silky-smooth hand drawn animations by Street Fighter Artist Long Vo
Tons of OpenFeint and Game Center achievements. (Make sure to enable OpenFeint in order to get Game Center achievements!)

"ninjas are meant to kill, not cuddle. Enter Go Ninja! by Hiptic Games to bring a ninja game back to the hardcore fans! ... a very crisp looking game with some real smooth running animation. This comes at no surprise coming from esteemed Street Fighter artist and art director for this game, Long Vo. Moving, jumping and slashing looks real smooth and fluid." 5/5 - Ultramegadeathray

"Totally digging this Ninja game right now" - Freddie Wong of Rocketjump.com

We love our fans! If you notice a bug, have a suggestion, or just want to get in touch, we'd love to hear from you! Email us at contact@hiptic.com!

Check out the official GoNinja wiki at http://www.ign.com/wikis/go-ninja
08-19-2012, 04:49 AM
I have this on my device for some time now, so i guess i have to share what i know about the game.

Gameplay is a good Side-Scrolling Runner variant in which you automatically attack non-attacking enemies when you run into them, jump over obstacles to avoid them, and jump over enemies and land just a bit behind them to still get a kill. Jumping can be done in a couple ways. Taps lets you jump. The longer you hold, the higher the jump. In open areas, swiping up also functions as jumps. When there are buildings behin or ahead of you, short jump become hops that let you get inside buildings for some silhouette action. Swiping up also lets you dash to higher floors of multi level buildings. Swiping down lets you dash downward one level, or it lets you exit the buildings while still in the middle of it.

The controls are pretty good in this one, but it could start out confusing in your first few games.

Graphics are nice and Crisp on the HD version, but i cant say much for the SD version as i never had it. Art style is some decent chibi ninja and a little bit of gore which i think is pretty good combination.

Slashing sounds are nice, and I havent been annoyed by the sound effects.

There are different costumes to be unlocked with ingame earned ninja points. Better costumes increase your speed, but in return they give a higher multiplier to your Ninja points gained.

There are also upgrades which enhances your ninja skills like Ninja explosions, Hyper Runs and Invincibility. The good thing is that you cant abuse any of the skills. There is a skill bar filling up during the game in which every time it fills up it increases the current skill level. Level 1 is the Explosions (sort of grenades), Lv2 is the Hyper Dash, and Lv3 is invincibility.Taps the skill icon to activate the current skill shown on the icon. Takes about 5 to 8 runs (depending on one's ability to play running games) to buy the first unlockable costume. Then more points are needed to get the later costumes.

IAP is only for the impatient, but for those who are patient, prepare for a bit of grinding, especially if you are aiming to get the best costume and the maxed out skills.

There are Missions to complete that gives bonus NP when completed.

The biggest flaw this game has for me, is that it has no Game Center support. It has Openfeint though, but my OF has been static for a while now even if i have been playing a bit of OF games. It has its own local scoreboard, but that cant beat a proper GC leaderboard.

Overall it's a fun game, but doesnt have much which will keep you playing it for a long while. GC is just required for this type of games to give you more reason to play it and make the game last longer for you.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Oh and it's free now... Not sure if this is a 1-day promo, but get it for free and test it out. Good gameplay but no GC.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword