★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Monsters are invading.
But you are not alone.
You can defeat the monsters with your party!

Rescue fellows and make a party.
"The lord of the roads" is humankind's last hope.
Now The lord of the roads' real adventure begins.

Features
- A combination of a shooter game mixed with a RPG game.
- Numerous unique ingame missions
- 10 upgradable characters
- Simple control : support tilt control and D-pad control
- Party system : rescue fellows and make a party
- Various monsters and strong bosses
- "Challenge Mission" mode
- Outstanding Artwork
- Supports Leaderboards and Achievements via the Game Center
- Fantastic soundFX and BGM

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

08-20-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm on my way to go download. All signs are promising. I'll report back.

08-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Looking forward to your report, to be sure.
08-21-2012, 01:12 AM
Game Impressions

Not a bad game... You start off with a hero and you move up the screen (road) firing your weapon and trying to kill the bad guys. You do this either with a tilt or d-pad control. Along the way you rescue others and pick up gold. When you rescue someone they might join your group and that gives you firepower. The game is over when you lose all of your men.

There are different types of characters and they have their own firepower and stats. Main guy has a sword and attacks close, elves have arrows, Wizards throw fireballs and attack longer range, etc.. More characters become unlocked as you play and save them.

With your gold you can upgrade the people and their attacks. There is an IAP way to buy a lot of gold, but it's unlikely that I'll be doing anything like that. It's a nice pick up and play game and I'm not really wanting to rule the leader boards.

That does bring up that there are leader boards for both score and distance. It's also apparent that some have bought their way to the top. I wish a company could just put leader boards for those who have bought and for those who have not. In fact... I'd LOVE it. Someone out there do that and I'll buy your game right away!

There are also achievements but their pretty basic. They unlock after doing a certain amount of missions or getting above a certain score, etc..

Like I said, it's not a bad game. At the moment it's on sale for a buck and I would say that it's worth that even at the few minutes I've put into it. I'll give it a longer go and see if it becomes anything deeper than what it seems to be.

Fans of these types of games will find quite a bit to enjoy. Graphics are nice, game play is good, the chance to power up your characters is always a plus, and the GC adds some fun for the competitive out there (though now I'm really loving the idea of two different leader boards).

I'd say that if the idea of the game and the screen shots are tempting you, you'll enjoy what you get. For those who don't like this type of game... I'm not sure why you've even read this far.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
08-21-2012, 04:31 AM
wonder if i can use my super cock in this game?

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay
08-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
wonder if i can use my super cock in this game?
Gotta be the worst attempt at a joke I've heard in the past few months.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-21-2012, 05:01 AM
Just bought this, dpad controls work well. You can only go left/right and fire, shame you cant go up or down.

Its like a decent basic shooter, save soldiers to give yourself more firepower, collect coins etc the goblins drop. Its quite tricky, died a few times trying to kill the enemy.

Well worth 69p so far, shall be playing this more later. Ideally i would love relative touch and being able to move all round the screen rather than being restricted to just left/right.

Last edited by psj3809; 08-21-2012 at 05:42 AM.
08-21-2012, 06:10 AM
One other thing I forgot to mention... If you're using tilt controls and go without touching the screen (doing that will have you run forward a bit) for a while the screen will start to go to sleep. That's pretty annoying and and something the devs should have caught and fixed way early.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
08-21-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Just bought this, dpad controls work well. You can only go left/right and fire, shame you cant go up or down.
Aww you cant move up and down? Dangit. So this is kind of like Gain Ground from sega. I love Gain Ground a lot and i keep waiting for it to be ported. If they make it so you can move up and down I will probably insta buy it.
08-21-2012, 09:28 AM
Game Impressions

Sorry no sound the software on the iphone doesnt record the sound from the game

Streaming some of the newest and hottest games on youtube search touchgameplay