★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Plants vs Zombies 2 confirmed

08-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Plants vs Zombies 2 confirmed

PopCap Games announced a sequel to Plants vs. Zombies this morning, with the casually epic battle of flora vs undead returning next year. The game is expected to see the sun in the "first half of 2013," with a narrower window of "late spring" also mentioned.

As one would expect from a sequel, it will include new "features, settings, and situations," but there are no specific details at this time.

A sequel to Plants vs. Zombies, PopCap Games’ widely popular tower defense game for too many platforms to name, will launch in the first half of 2013, the publisher has announced.The new game will include “a bevy” of “new features, settings, and situations.” No other details are available at this time. Instead, enjoy the following comments from some of the game’s denizens.
“Spring is crullest curlie ungood time, and plantz grow dull roots,” said an unidentified spokesperson. “So, we are meating you for brainz at yore house. No worry to skedule schedlue plan… we’re freee anytime. We’ll find you.”

Sonny F. Lower, a representive of the Flora Forever Foundation added: “There was a time we relished a bracing, hearty blend of zombies, in the morning. But first, a brisk shower and some strategic pruning are required. Tomorrow is near!”

So what are your thoughts? Will the iPhone/iPad be the first platform on which the sequel will be released??

E: Only just noticed a similar post on TA ._.

Last edited by KennyK; 08-20-2012 at 11:49 PM.
08-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Can't wait for this! One of the things I loved about the original was the steady flow of new plants you received throughout the game. PvZ 2 is sure to have loads of new plants, and probably loads of new zombies as well. (My favorite zombie is the one in his boxers reading the paper. Cracks me up every time.)

Current Favs: Summoner Wars, Carcassonne, Ascension, Ticket to Ride, Neuroshima Hex, W.E.L.D.E.R.

GameCenter: MustardCowboy