★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Love word games? Then look no further - Astraware Word Games is the best brain-teasing pack of 5 different word games for iPhone and iPad!

Each game has a choice of difficulty levels or grid sizes and options for Classic or Timed games. All 5 games include instructions and tips on how to play. Complete the featured daily puzzle for each of the mini-games, activate delightful doodles which are drawn before your eyes as you find the right words! Compare your word power with Game Center friends and aim for the most points to top our global leaderboards!

The 5 games are:

* Shuffle - Find anagrams and make as many words as you can with the letters provided including the 5, 6 or 7 letter target word to unlock the next level. The more small words you get, the bigger your score. Use the Shuffle button to spin, twist and mix the letters up and help yourself spot more words!

* Hexxed - Make words by tracing your finger through the tiles to make a chain within the hexagonal grid! Two play modes - limited tiles or limited time. Create long, interesting or unusual words to keep your word power score up and earn more tiles or time!

* Wordsearch - Find all the listed words within the grid of letters, horizontally vertically, or diagonally! Play using the standard dictionary, or choose from over 8 special lists of themed words!

* Gridlock - Make words by tracing your fingers through the letters to make a chain. As you make words this lights up the tiles. Light up the whole grid to level up! New levels bring new board shapes and board sizes to complete, each with a different challenge. Use special tiles to boost your word power, score bonus points and help you to solve the trickiest puzzles!

* Spellmaster - Challenge your spelling skills against words of increasing difficulty. Choose the correct spelling from a choice of 4 words, 3 of which are misspelled! Easy at first, it gets more challenging as you are tested on words that you certainly dont see every day!

The game also includes a built-in dictionary where you can check the definitions of obscure words. Access it through the Bookcase tab or by tapping on a word while you play! It will also keep a handy text scrapbook of the recent words you've seen in case you want to find out what a new word means and you can even share the definition on Facebook or Twitter!

View the bookcase full of awards to see various achievements within the game, each of which is based on a classic book, with its own custom doodle for you to see!

Astraware's comments:
Our new word games game pack, Astraware Word Games is now live on the App Store. 5 word games for just $2.99!

It's a Universal binary for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, includes Retina Display support, with Game Center leaderboard and over 30 Game Center achievements up for grabs!

08-21-2012, 08:37 AM
This looks awesome

The thread should be in the iPhone games section though since its universal.

08-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
This looks awesome

The thread should be in the iPhone games section though since its universal.
Oh, thanks for pointing that up. I'm not able to move the thread though so hopefully an Admin or Moderator will be able to move it for me as I don't want to double post.

I hope you give the game a try!
08-22-2012, 07:01 AM
I just picked it up, and my initial impressions are very good. It's a nice clean design and seems quite polished. I'll post more when I have a chance to try all the different games, etc.
08-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraware View Post
Oh, thanks for pointing that up. I'm not able to move the thread though so hopefully an Admin or Moderator will be able to move it for me as I don't want to double post.

I hope you give the game a try!
You can use the little exclamation point icon in the upper right corner of your first post to alert a mod to move the thread for you. They don't mind being notified that way, even though you might get a warning saying its for reporting spam or threatening posts only.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
I just picked it up, and my initial impressions are very good. It's a nice clean design and seems quite polished. I'll post more when I have a chance to try all the different games, etc.
Thanks, I hope you are enjoying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
You can use the little exclamation point icon in the upper right corner of your first post to alert a mod to move the thread for you.
Thanks for the tip, the thread is now in the right place!
08-24-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm really enjoying this. The variety of game modes give it endless replay value. There is a surprising amount of depth and complexity to the original modes considering it is a collection. There is a leaderboard and achievements, and the daily challenges (which have their own leaderboards) are great even though I get crushed every day Anyway, I recommend this highly to any word game fans out there. My only complaint is that the game boards, particularly in word search, hexed and gridlock don't seem to take advantage of iPad screen real estate as much as I would like. They are plenty big to be playable, and I love the doodles that appear around the edges, but I'd love an option to have a larger playing area.
08-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Hi Royce, I'm happy to hear you like the game. We tried to make the game boards big enough to be playable while also leaving some space for drawing the doodles. I can see why some people would prefer bigger boards though so I'll pass your comment internally.