★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: MonkeySwing released for $0.99

06-05-2009, 05:26 PM
MonkeySwing released for $0.99

I recently released MonkeySwing - a simple but amazingly addictive swinging jumping action game that lets you compete against other players around the world with global high scores.

MonkeySwing AppStore Link ($0.99US)

MonkeySwing web site

06-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm sorry no one else has posted because your game looks really great. It had the potential to be in the simple/addictive/casual category, along with Uggles and Flight Control. Maybe I'll try it out. Have you thought of releasing a lite version?

06-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes please release a lite version along with the full.

Add me on Plus/OpenFeint/Gamecenter/Crystal: redsoxsrule424
Moderator at Com2uS' forums: http://global.com2us.com/forums
Moderator in IMO: [-MD-]soxrock424 in Siras, on Wadangka!
06-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cifri View Post
Coco the monkey looks to be about the cutest character in the app store, if that vote of best iPhone character is till on, this is my vote. I will probably pick this up just because he's so cute!

AppleNApps
Twitter @mactds
Game Center: mactds
06-05-2009, 10:04 PM
How does the game play work? I'm assuming you just swing back and forth and touch the screen to jump? Am I right?

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
06-06-2009, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipodfan15 View Post
I'm sorry no one else has posted because your game looks really great. It had the potential to be in the simple/addictive/casual category, along with Uggles and Flight Control. Maybe I'll try it out. Have you thought of releasing a lite version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsrule424 View Post
Yes please release a lite version along with the full.
Ipodfan15 / redsoxsrule424,
I'm working on a lite version to release; but I'm a little torn on how much / little to limit it. Currently my plan is to just not include the ability to post to the high scores. But some have suggested limiting it a bit more; maybe by play time or something else. I have to admit, I'm a bit against such harder limits - if for no other reason than I hate seeing them in other games. At any rate, I should have the final "lite" version nailed down and available later this month. I'll post here when it's ready.
06-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cifri View Post
Ipodfan15 / redsoxsrule424,
I'm working on a lite version to release; but I'm a little torn on how much / little to limit it. Currently my plan is to just not include the ability to post to the high scores. But some have suggested limiting it a bit more; maybe by play time or something else. I have to admit, I'm a bit against such harder limits - if for no other reason than I hate seeing them in other games. At any rate, I should have the final "lite" version nailed down and available later this month. I'll post here when it's ready.
I wouldn't just have the lite version just have no score boards. That seems like a bit too much content, although that would be what a real lite version should be. It confused me at first, because I expected demos to be called demos, and lite versions of games to be versions without some features.

Galaxy Note 5, iPad Air 1
06-06-2009, 04:46 PM
maybe have different modes in the full version?

1- unlimited-- see how far you can go.
2- timed- two minutes to prove yourself
3- hybrid- one minute at start and 5 seconds added each to you reach a new vine.

Also, I would love to make a promo video. PM me if you are interested.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
06-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Love the graphics, I agree a lite version shouldn't just be without an online leaderboard. I would limit it to a goal, like 10 swings or something.

You want to give a potential buyer a hint of what gameplay is like to give them incentive to buy. Take them to 2nd base, not home plate.
06-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbake View Post
How does the game play work? I'm assuming you just swing back and forth and touch the screen to jump? Am I right?
Chumbake, yup. The gameplay is fairly simple by intent. You can climb up or down the vine you are currently on and can jump at any time to the next vine. As you get further along in the game the vines get harder and harder to reach (getting shorter and further apart from each other). All the vines are physics based so they all move a little different than the previous ones, and the one your currently on slows down over time; so don't hang out for too long
The goal is to get further along the vines than anyone else. Or in my case, at least further than myself, since some of you guys have already gotten quite a bit further than I ever have