★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Roll the robot heads through the underground tunnels of a factory. Tap the screen to give the robot head speed, steering it around dangerous obstacles. Getting the right momentum is the biggest challenge in this game, and earning all 3 stars gets more difficult each level. As a cheerful tune plays in the background, dodge circular saws, destructive spikes, exploding bombs and even traps that defy the laws of physics

What people are saying about Rbots:
Rbots is a nice game iPhone Club.nl
Rbots is a cute game with a neat concept iFanzine
Props to the developers for making a game that's good for many hours of entertainment
This game manages to stay original in an overcrowded genre

Cool Features:
- Get through 5 worlds with 36 levels each
- Try 3 different game modes and challenge your timing and accuracy skills to the max
- Make it through the magnetic minefield alive, and the robots might show you their funky dance moves
- Collect golden sprockets along the way
- Innovative gameplay
- Aim for the highscore on Game Center

Stay tuned!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/a10com
Watch our Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzEY-V55P0Y

We like getting comments. Rate and review us!

Thanks for playingenjoy!

tinyBuild's comments:
Rbots is finally live on the AppStore! Experience one touch platforming and get rewarded by dancing robots!
  • Unique Mechanic With True One Touch Platforming
  • 180 Levels Across 5 Worlds
  • Universal iPhone/iPad App - runs on all iOS devices from 3GS/iPad1
  • Mind-Bending Level Design: Flip Gravity, Hit Bombs, Fire Cannons!
  • Dancing robots, just because!

Youtube link | Pop Up

iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rbots/id545961104

08-22-2012, 07:03 AM
And we got the review codes!

Here are 3 for this thread

46KJJKF9PWKP
L77JJRLWFNR9
3WW774FLARKX

Please reply if you use one

08-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Used the second code. Thanks
08-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Sigh... All codes taken. Not surprising.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-22-2012, 07:38 AM
Having fun so far. I flew through the first series of stages, but I'm guessing they are intentionally easy to get people used to the unique gameplay. Looking forward to more complexity and difficulty as I progress. The game is definitely unique, though I kind of get a Sonic feel from it, probably just the whole sphere flying and bouncing around thing
08-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Having fun so far. I flew through the first series of stages, but I'm guessing they are intentionally easy to get people used to the unique gameplay. Looking forward to more complexity and difficulty as I progress. The game is definitely unique, though I kind of get a Sonic feel from it, probably just the whole sphere flying and bouncing around thing
The whole idea is that there is the standard game mode where you touch anywhere to activate all magnets. It becomes a game of timing and precision

Then each of the 5 worlds start adding more and more elements/obstacles and it eventually becomes this mind bending gravity shifting playground.

And then there are the other game modes. There an Energy mode where you have limited energy and need to collect batteries to keep on going. It becomes very tactical.

The 3rd game mode is based around tapping (yes, tapping - not holding) individual magnets to activate them. That's actually when the initial game started, that was the first game mode and it was really hard to get into. So here we are using it as the hardest mode which spirals into a tap-fest

Some more screenshots of the game:

08-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Awww, too expensive Don't get me wrong, I wanna pay that, but last dollar left Well I'll buy a new gift card soon or redeem from FMA or FAD and this is definitely on my buy list!

Hey dev, I think you got my message wrong I meant I will buy it and by saying it I was supporting you and letting you know there is interest for your game. I don't need the promo code and I think you should give it to a reviewer site This was posted here only so devs would see that I wasn't begging, but the developer sent it himself

Yep, can't take it, would be unfair for others.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3

Last edited by LOLavi; 08-22-2012 at 09:48 AM.
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Awww, too expensive Don't get me wrong, I wanna pay that, but last dollar left Well I'll buy a new gift card soon or redeem from FMA or FAD and this is definitely on my buy list!

Hey dev, I think you got my message wrong I meant I will buy it and by saying it I was supporting you and letting you know there is interest for your game. I don't need the promo code and I think you should give it to a reviewer site This was posted here only so devs would see that I wasn't begging, but the developer sent it himself

Yep, can't take it, would be unfair for others.
As you requested sent them to more review sites
08-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyBuild View Post
As you requested sent them to more review sites
It stinged a little, but it was to good cause

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
08-22-2012, 10:50 AM
It is more of a puzzler to me than a platformer, but it is a surprisingly good one.

It reminds me of runner games like Run Roo Run and Run Run Die, but instead of the auto-running, it turns everything inside-out. To some extent, the platforming kinda feels like SolaRola.

Its a welcome new concept to the platforming and pseudo runner genre.

our character doesnt move on his own, but instead, there are magnets that work as conveyors to move your character. The first few levels are there to give you a feel of the game's physics. Then later on, the puzzle part and a bit of platforming comes in. Your character's (your ball's? LOL) trajectory depends on the timing of your taps and holds which activate the magnets. There are hazards that you must let your Character avoid by either making him move slow or making him accelerate to make that jump.

So far, the game has been a bit on the easy side, but im only on the first area, on the 9th mission. Im saying it's easy, but honestly, ive spent a bit of time replaying missions already to get a decent time, and all those nuts (the ones that come with bolts, LOL).

Looking forward to finishing the rest of the game. At 37mb installed, this is a good puzzle platforming game to spend time on.

The innovative puzzle platformer gameplay plus 180+ levels is well worth the $2 you spend on this.

Oh... On the downside, game center looks broken on my end. Wrong orientation and i cant close it cos the close button if off screen. So the only way to close out the GC is to leave the game and hard closing the app.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

Last edited by Exact-Psience; 08-22-2012 at 11:01 AM.