08-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Some thoughts

Hey, I'm the developer of One Tap Hero. The gameplay video might look a little bit tedious at first a few levels, because the game requires a different brain to re-learn the platformer.

As long as you only have one button, with no pressure level, no pointing position, no sliding, no freedom of changing direction, you can't just play it as a normal platformer. Thus we try to manage the level difficulty as plain as possible to give the player a chance to adapt.

So, please have a try at hand and enjoy(hopefully ;-)) the difference. Also much much thanks to those participate our beta test program. We really appreciate your help!
08-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Sanukus video caught my interest, looks good, and good comments follows and peaks it, so instant buy

Last edited by TheFrost; 08-22-2012 at 02:42 PM.

08-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Oh god this game is brilliant. You want impressions? GET IT.

So far ive been sucked in by sheer brilliance of Mikey Shorts, One Tap Hero and RBots. These are easily my games of the week if nothing else tickles me.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Oh god this game is brilliant. You want impressions? GET IT.

So far ive been sucked in by sheer brilliance of Mikey Shorts, One Tap Hero and RBots. These are easily my games of the week if nothing else tickles me.
So many platformmers tonight. But I can promise One Tap Hero will be your best choice

New game: Naughty Kitties
Like it on Facebook fanpage
Or follow my studio Coconut Island
Games on App Store: One Tap Hero, Finger Balance,iDragPaper,
08-22-2012, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
So many platformmers tonight. But I can promise One Tap Hero will be your best choice
Does it have dancing robots? Because that's important!
08-22-2012, 06:38 PM
So far I love it, really good job, I think this may be the best one button platformer with the permission of Bitless (way harder and with a SMB resemblance, always a + in my book) so far, with puzzle elements that other similar games lack. Amazing

(Still have to play the final version of the robot ball game though)

Edit: A nice touch to add to the game is to have the main character on the title screen wear the same costume you have in-game... And make the retry button bigger 😃

Last edited by TheFrost; 08-22-2012 at 07:13 PM.
08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
So far I love it, really good job, I think this may be the best one button platformer with the permission of Bitless (way harder and with a SMB resemblance, always a + in my book) so far, with puzzle elements that other similar games lack. Amazing

(Still have to play the final version of the robot ball game though)

Edit: A nice touch to add to the game is to have the main character on the title screen wear the same costume you have in-game... And make the retry button bigger 😃
I am really happy you like the game. Thanks for your suggestions!

New game: Naughty Kitties
Like it on Facebook fanpage
Or follow my studio Coconut Island
Games on App Store: One Tap Hero, Finger Balance,iDragPaper,
08-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Waiting for the store update to grab the game looks really good
08-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Geeeez so many platformers tonight! Can't decide on this or Mikey shorts ahhhhhh...
08-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Send a message via MSN to Wen Send a message via Skype™ to Wen
We're starting to send our beta testers the game
The following testers will get the game for free
kzwen
MGP2
saiyukialex
Dreadnok
LOLavi
Totenmaske
PointOfLight
m13