★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tired of all the flappy clones? Great. Want something as addicting but more cooler? You got it!
A million players and a game with average 4 star rating can't be wrong.

Look what players are saying!!

"You have to download the game - just for the music "

"A great entertaining game!"

" Wow the superhero is SOOOO cutee"

GO 8-BIT AND START FLYING - in Retro SuperHero The Retro SuperHero is here to save the day on his crazy,adventure! Take flight and zoom through the skies at an unbelievable pace on your quest to save the world! Fly like a bird, and fall like a meteor - can you help the Retro SuperHero stay inflight?

Retro SuperHero is a young superhero... and thats why he needs your help! Tap the screen to make him fly, and maneuver around deadly obstacles that will end your magnificent flight!

COLLECT HEARTS AND POWER UPS ALONG THE WAY!
The aim of your flight is to collect as many hearts as possible - whats more, to prolong your flight, you can collect power ups and play like never before in a game that will leave your palms sweaty and your heart racing!

AVOID EXPLOSIVE TORPEDOES AND MISSILES!
Some people just dont like having fun, and thats why they are out to get the Retro SuperHero! Avoid missiles and torpedoes as they fire towards you and use your magic abilities to control your altitude... how long will you survive? Zoom off and become a hero -
02-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Really like this
Not just another flap-alike
This adds new elements, and makes it just different enough to really enjoy

Varied obstacles
Missions
Collection of hearts/power-ups
Upgrades (which are all bought with collected hearts)

Gamecenter
No ads. No IAPs.

Nice game, which has more in common with a great runner than flappy bird.

Last edited by Lazer Kat; 02-16-2014 at 07:35 AM.

02-16-2014, 07:33 AM
That avatar strongly reminds me of Mario's underwater animation. O_o

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
That avatar strongly reminds me of Mario's underwater animation. O_o

Borrowing from Mario seems to be a theme in these, even though they call him mega-man w/ wings
02-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Imagine if Nintendo released their own official Flappy Bird-esque game. World = asploded.
02-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Not bad. Reminds me more to Jetpack Joyride than to Flappy Bird. (Collect coins, laser barriers, buy one-time power-ups…).

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
02-16-2014, 10:13 AM
On principle, I won't download any game with Flappy in the title. If you've made a decent game then let it stand on it's own.

Not interested in games which try to cash in on the success of others.
02-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
On principle, I won't download any game with Flappy in the title. If you've made a decent game then let it stand on it's own.

Not interested in games which try to cash in on the success of others.
Agree and disagree at the same time.
They should have named this someone else, because it really isn't that flappy-like.
But...they aren't exactly trying to "cash-in" on the success of others. There's no ads or IAPs.
02-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Perhaps it's just me, but I'm seeing plenty of pop up ads. They aren't banner ads, they usually pop up after a run. I'm not saying it's a cash-in, but it this is not a donation to the App Store without any monetization.

As to the gameplay, I agree it's closer to Jetpack Joyride than to Flappy Bird. That said, the controls feel a bit sluggish which is not something I prefer in games. It just doesn't feel polished at all.
02-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthor5000 View Post
Perhaps it's just me, but I'm seeing plenty of pop up ads. They aren't banner ads, they usually pop up after a run. I'm not saying it's a cash-in, but it this is not a donation to the App Store without any monetization.

As to the gameplay, I agree it's closer to Jetpack Joyride than to Flappy Bird. That said, the controls feel a bit sluggish which is not something I prefer in games. It just doesn't feel polished at all.
I suppose Weblock could be the reason I haven't seen any ads