Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
MrMojoRisin MrMojoRisin is offline
Senior Member
iPad mini, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHerm View Post
Awesome game.

While I'd love to have an iPad version, I can definitely undertsand now why they went with the iPhone version first. This game is not really complex with respect to the interface and suits the iPhone screen perfectly. It looks gorgeous on the new iPad in 2x nonetheless.

So stop whining and get this now or miss out on a great polished game. Your choice
EVERYONE who has actually tried it on the iPad has agreed with the above statement. Not one person who has actually played it on their iPad has complained about how it looks. The only people still complaining are those that have not even bothered to try it. So let's please put to bed all the complaints about this game not being universal. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM
sapphire_neo sapphire_neo is online now
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,608
Default

It's easy to overlook the lack of Universal, but if they pull some DoW stunt with two versions of the app I'll stay clear of further projects.

As for the game itself, I haven't really seen the appeal yet. It's effectively two player solitaire with a minor twist.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 AM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is online now
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,890
Default Game Impressions

Something this game pulls off I don't think I've ever seen so well implemented before is how the game tracks detailed stats on your match history with each individual opponent (bot or real) showing point spreads, win/loss rations, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 AM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is online now
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
It's easy to overlook the lack of Universal, but if they pull some DoW stunt with two versions of the app I'll stay clear of further projects.

As for the game itself, I haven't really seen the appeal yet. It's effectively two player solitaire with a minor twist.
Enh, I'd bump it up a bit more to Gin Rummy, if that means anything to folk out there. There is only 1 set of 2-8 for each of the 5 colored suits so you have the ability to really mess with an opponent by holding onto cards they desperately need.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:14 AM
sapphire_neo sapphire_neo is online now
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Something this game pulls off I don't think I've ever seen so well implemented before is how the game tracks detailed stats on your match history with each individual opponent (bot or real) showing point spreads, win/loss rations, etc.
Well, it's not particularly hard to implement in a 2p game with visible victory points. As for the win loss ratios, Summoner Wars goes pretty deep into faction stats for personal as well as global records, and 1v1 w/l records as well.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Agas Agas is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Well, it's not particularly hard to implement in a 2p game with visible victory points. As for the win loss ratios, Summoner Wars goes pretty deep into faction stats for personal as well as global records, and 1v1 w/l records as well.
I have to agree with LordGek that the implementation of game track in Lost Cities is superb. I have Summoner Wars and I think it doesn't go deep enough as this one, it doesn't even show up during a game with AI. Here, I can track all of my previous games, it calculates the trend, show me the chance of winning, give a nice graphics where we can put our emojis anytime during our turns, win/loss ratios, and all is shown in a nice and clean presentations.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Blammo72 Blammo72 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Default

All the shit talk about no iPad Version from the trolls is so funny. Especially when reading it in the upscaled TouchArcade App on my iPad *wink wink*

Didn't the Coding Monkeys also release Carcasonne - they are good guys
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 AM
sapphire_neo sapphire_neo is online now
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blammo72 View Post
All the shit talk about no iPad Version from the trolls is so funny. Especially when reading it in the upscaled TouchArcade App on my iPad *wink wink*

Didn't the Coding Monkeys also release Carcasonne - they are good guys
Not all of us are trolls. It's a fair demand from a developer whose only other product is universal (now). Their response about no solid plans for an update to universal was honest but also disappointing.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 08-23-2012, 11:37 AM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is online now
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post
I have to agree with LordGek that the implementation of game track in Lost Cities is superb. I have Summoner Wars and I think it doesn't go deep enough as this one, it doesn't even show up during a game with AI. Here, I can track all of my previous games, it calculates the trend, show me the chance of winning, give a nice graphics where we can put our emojis anytime during our turns, win/loss ratios, and all is shown in a nice and clean presentations.
That ability to place little emojis in play and therefore into the timeline of the game is so stupid/silly it's kind of brilliant.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 AM
webman2k webman2k is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 145
Default

Wow. Can't believe this thread. What nerve some of you have to bash this developer because they didn't release an iPad native version?! They released a game for the iPhone. So, you can play it on your iPhone, or pixel double play it on your iPad.

You want an iPad version? Tell them! Don't complain that it doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent