Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-23-2012, 09:05 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHerm View Post
Awesome game.

While I'd love to have an iPad version, I can definitely undertsand now why they went with the iPhone version first. This game is not really complex with respect to the interface and suits the iPhone screen perfectly. It looks gorgeous on the new iPad in 2x nonetheless.

So stop whining and get this now or miss out on a great polished game. Your choice
EVERYONE who has actually tried it on the iPad has agreed with the above statement. Not one person who has actually played it on their iPad has complained about how it looks. The only people still complaining are those that have not even bothered to try it. So let's please put to bed all the complaints about this game not being universal. Thank you!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

It's easy to overlook the lack of Universal, but if they pull some DoW stunt with two versions of the app I'll stay clear of further projects.

As for the game itself, I haven't really seen the appeal yet. It's effectively two player solitaire with a minor twist.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:09 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Something this game pulls off I don't think I've ever seen so well implemented before is how the game tracks detailed stats on your match history with each individual opponent (bot or real) showing point spreads, win/loss rations, etc.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:12 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
It's easy to overlook the lack of Universal, but if they pull some DoW stunt with two versions of the app I'll stay clear of further projects.

As for the game itself, I haven't really seen the appeal yet. It's effectively two player solitaire with a minor twist.
Enh, I'd bump it up a bit more to Gin Rummy, if that means anything to folk out there. There is only 1 set of 2-8 for each of the 5 colored suits so you have the ability to really mess with an opponent by holding onto cards they desperately need.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Something this game pulls off I don't think I've ever seen so well implemented before is how the game tracks detailed stats on your match history with each individual opponent (bot or real) showing point spreads, win/loss rations, etc.
Well, it's not particularly hard to implement in a 2p game with visible victory points. As for the win loss ratios, Summoner Wars goes pretty deep into faction stats for personal as well as global records, and 1v1 w/l records as well.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Well, it's not particularly hard to implement in a 2p game with visible victory points. As for the win loss ratios, Summoner Wars goes pretty deep into faction stats for personal as well as global records, and 1v1 w/l records as well.
I have to agree with LordGek that the implementation of game track in Lost Cities is superb. I have Summoner Wars and I think it doesn't go deep enough as this one, it doesn't even show up during a game with AI. Here, I can track all of my previous games, it calculates the trend, show me the chance of winning, give a nice graphics where we can put our emojis anytime during our turns, win/loss ratios, and all is shown in a nice and clean presentations.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:17 AM

All the shit talk about no iPad Version from the trolls is so funny. Especially when reading it in the upscaled TouchArcade App on my iPad *wink wink*

Didn't the Coding Monkeys also release Carcasonne - they are good guys
Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blammo72 View Post
All the shit talk about no iPad Version from the trolls is so funny. Especially when reading it in the upscaled TouchArcade App on my iPad *wink wink*

Didn't the Coding Monkeys also release Carcasonne - they are good guys
Not all of us are trolls. It's a fair demand from a developer whose only other product is universal (now). Their response about no solid plans for an update to universal was honest but also disappointing.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:37 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post
I have to agree with LordGek that the implementation of game track in Lost Cities is superb. I have Summoner Wars and I think it doesn't go deep enough as this one, it doesn't even show up during a game with AI. Here, I can track all of my previous games, it calculates the trend, show me the chance of winning, give a nice graphics where we can put our emojis anytime during our turns, win/loss ratios, and all is shown in a nice and clean presentations.
That ability to place little emojis in play and therefore into the timeline of the game is so stupid/silly it's kind of brilliant.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 AM

Wow. Can't believe this thread. What nerve some of you have to bash this developer because they didn't release an iPad native version?! They released a game for the iPhone. So, you can play it on your iPhone, or pixel double play it on your iPad.

You want an iPad version? Tell them! Don't complain that it doesn't exist.